Spacers

mark65

Jun 18, 2004
Much more that 10mm will affect the long term life of wheel bearing. saying that some people of been running bigger ones with no probs.
It will of course make the front track wider and cause more understeer ( or is it over???)

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Should do mate, but i found halfords to be very expensive, you may be better going to a parts place and asking them.

My wheels wouldnt rotate either, i fitted 5mm because i didnt wanna push the front wheels out to far, and will try with the 3mm ones i bought.

IIRC 10mm spacers in halfrauds are about £15, but them remember that you may need longer bolts to secure the wheel fully.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
If your mate has a set, give em a try and see how much of a gap you have then, and maybe then you could reduce it.

Im not sure mate, more than likely would require longer bolts IMO.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Agreed, can get away with non hubcentric 8mm's on the back (although if 8mm hubcentrics were available I would have bought them!!) however I wouldnt like to be running 5mm+ non-Hubcentrics on the wheels that lay down the power.

r1cky

Banana Rama cupra car
Oct 12, 2004
make sure u get hubcentric if your going above 5mm+ for god sake! i ran 10mm spacers (not hubcentric) up front and the wheel came off doing a right hand turn off a main road. 2 mins down the road is a bypass and if the same had happened then i wouldnt be here now. damaged the wing, door, wheel and nackered all suspension.

i dont trust them any more but just a warning of how inportant these things are.

Martin CUK

CruisinUK.com
Jul 13, 2004
NW
www.cruisinuk.com
Normal spacers look like these:

31_1_b.JPG

Hubcentric ones look like these:

dd_1_b.JPG

d1_1_b.JPG

Basically hubcentric ones are more like an extension to your hub, have the same pcd etc, with a centre bore for your wheel to mount on, whereas normal spacers are just like a sandwich plate, so there's extra strain on your bolts etc, but fine to use in small sizes.

r1cky

Banana Rama cupra car
Oct 12, 2004
i and a few others on here have had a bad experiene with those make, they are the same as what trackstore sell and they are not machined properly, mine didnt sit correctly on the hub causing the wheels to wobble.

the best ones to get are the eibach spacers, made in germany and a proper quality kit, i got a set off badger 5 on here, think he does them in a few different sizes. dont forget the longer bolts aswell.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members