Spied 3 dr leon

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am loving that roofline. that is what I was after, think I may be having a mk3 :-( Another thing that I dont get is why the LED headlights have to be so expensive!

Krash

Duck just kicked in Yo!
Apr 5, 2011
Lincolnshire
just spent 5 mins at these pics and pics of the mk3 FR from the Paris show and think its going to look alright, have to wait till Geneva to confirm though

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I don't understand why it has a single straight crease along the side from the top of the tail lights to the front wheel arch, rather than the two creases on the five door. Have they altered that on the disguised version or will the 3 door come with a single swage line? Looks promising anyway.

Edit: I have now read the article on the Autoexpress site and it seems that it will have a single crease along the side. That is a move in the right direction in my opinion.

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
It looked like they had put something on the side in the pics but not too sure to perhaps hide the crease lines..... Will see when they show it at Geneva though.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Love the disguise, very clever!

I reckon one of these in FR trim with the cylinder on demand 1.4 TSI would be a nice everyday car.

Sast

Feb 17, 2012
Wigan
not a fan of the mk3 at all :(

Not sure i'll be getting one, might change my mind when it gets shown properly though.

gaffer1986

I may have to eat my words when the final 3 door is release however...

I don't think the car will have a single line running along the side from the font to the back.
I think it will have two separate lines like the 5 door; the front line sloping downwards and the rear line sloping upwards.

The clue is in the wing of the spied 3 door; the line on the wing starts to slope downwards before the line in the door takes over.. I think the line on the door is part of the clever disguise.

gaffer1986

I think this is more like it:

1438394331552188127.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Found some more photo's & uploaded them

560640_10151052224716008_1902030178_n.jpg

The single 'crease' is a fake - so as the image above ^^

I think the pic of the blue SC is as close to production ready we'll see yet

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
That picture defo shows something stuck to the side too to create the single crease line. Agree the blue one is as close to it as we will see, just don't think the lower piece of the rear window will have such a sharp upstroke. That said I still think the SC is going to be the best looking of the three versions, just my opinion though and I am biased too hahahaha

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If you look just above the door handle on the silver one you can see the tail end of the proper swage lines as in the blue one.

Like with all cars, the poverty spec ones will look poop but the top of the range ones will look better.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Agree the blue one is as close to it as we will see, just don't think the lower piece of the rear window will have such a sharp upstroke.

I agree, in fact I think you can see where the actual upstroke begins, it's just below the A and R in the WORLDCARFANS text. Looks like they've stuck on some black vinyl there to make the window look like it continues straight.

I reckon it'll look very similar to the kink in the rear windows of the mk7 Golf 3 door.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I see there is a black strip running down the back of the rear pillar to make it appear more slender. I wonder if that is on the original or part of the disguise? If it is the disguise then I suppose the real roof spoiler will be narrower to line up with the edges of the tailgate.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.