Sportlines or Pro for FR?

Easty

Jan 27, 2010
Guiseley, Leeds
I'm still a bit confused about the smaller drop at the back with the sportline kit... will be standard FR (no kit) with 18"s... would I be better off with the pro kit (30mm drop all round) I just think the car might look daft sloping forwards with the 50mm front & 35mm rear ?!

FR_Flavoured

Erm, perhaps just take a look at EVERY THIRD thead in here that asks the same question and you will find out...

Sportlines around a 50mm drop nice and tight over the arches (but at a cost of your standard shocks leaking and perishing after 6 months), or Pro kit, a 35mm sensible drop.

Both smoother ride than standard with improved cornering.

Depends how far slammed you want your FR! ;) I will be going Sportlines.

Taipan

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
I'm still a bit confused about the smaller drop at the back with the sportline kit... will be standard FR (no kit) with 18"s... would I be better off with the pro kit (30mm drop all round) I just think the car might look daft sloping forwards with the 50mm front & 35mm rear ?!

Sportlines level it out. The car is sloped back to front as standard. You'll like the Sportlines ;)

:search:
017.jpg

sportlines fitted...

Last edited:

Easty

Jan 27, 2010
Guiseley, Leeds
Sportlines level it out. The car is sloped back to front as standard. You'll like the Sportlines ;)

Thanks mate, appreciate there's other threads but they were all relating to Cupra's and I know they're dropped standard... the sloping thing was what was worrying me!

Thanks for help , can't wait to pick up the car in 4 weeks :D

Looks like new shocks are a must then If I go sportlines (££££)... or just get coilies... aggggh

Last edited:

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
It is always best to get matched springs and shocks but a lot of people run Sportline's with the standard shocks and don't have any problems.

Remember that the FR is also slightly lower then standard so you won't get the full 50mm/35mm and your shocks will also already be slightly shorter to match the factory drop.

Damian @ DPM Performance

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
I got mine put on about a month ago, and have covered about 1k and car seems perfect, had the car 5 up with 2 FAT C***S and there was no rubbing at all. To be honest mate there is so many people running with them on standard shocks, and have no probs![B)]

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Just for the record i would not be buying springs and dampers/shocks if it was me, by the time your finished you could get a quality set of coillies and then have the stance exactly how you wanted it :blink:.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.