Stage 2 Cupra Owners - noise?

the_db

Jan 22, 2021
Guys

Who is running stage 2 on their Cupras?

I've got the stage 2 MRC set up with a decat and custom s/s exhaust system. The only res is a 14inch high flow just after the downpipe.

The car is mentally loud! (and this isn't my first rodeo with performance cars and exhausts) I dread to think what decibel level it is - well over 110 :ROFLMAO:. I was going to do a track day or two so I'll need to get it rectified as there is absolutely zero chance it is going to pass a drive by sound check. In comfort mode its loud and the noise is a restrained deeper grumble and yet on over-run it still pops and bangs a lot. In Cupra mode in overrun it doesn't pop and bang..... it fires shots like an AK47 and thunderclaps whilst spitting flames. On boost it sounds like a crazed banshee. I don't mind a loud exhaust but wondering how loud other peoples are for stage 2 and if this is common for this type of set up?

Am thinking of having a mid-box with another resonator put in. I don't think a small rear muffler is going to fit and I'm loathed to ruin the piece of art at the back of the car where the exhaust splits into 2 pipes. The craftmanship, welding and mandrel bending is really really good. I also don't want to create back-pressure and reduce power.

SamM2342

Jul 7, 2021
Wexford Ireland
How are you so did you do any more? I'm stage 1 had the exhaust upgraded last week I'm finding serious amount of drone niw while cruising duel carriageways and alot of vibration it's my first big exhaust rodeo so not sure if this is how it should be... Does yours shake and vibrate and like hummm so bad your head feels like it's going to explode? 🤣That's how I feel now to be honest I think it's ruined the car... I just have a cat no res and 2 tiny boxes instead of 1 big 1...anyones thought would be appreciated

SamM2342

Jul 7, 2021
Wexford Ireland
Looks as so

Attachments

• IMG_20211013_182418.jpg
    IMG_20211013_182418.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 76
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.