[Sticky?] Name and shame your dealers

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Oh dear! :(

This is quickly turning into a long-winded thread that no-one will bother to read and will have no need to read because just about every SEAT dealer in the UK is probably going to get a mention.

Maybe we should lock/delete this thread and start again with "Recommend a SEAT dealer" ?

FWIW I won't be darkening the doorstep of the supplying dealer for our Leon - SEAT Huddersfield (Sytner Group). It all went pear-shaped soon after we had placed the order and handed over the deposit.

Nor will I be troubling Evans Halshaw, Harrogate. They couldn't be arsed to do the scheduled recall work when the car went in for its first service and instead of receiving a litre of Castrol Edge for booking the service online I got a nice crease in the NSR door.

Full marks to D M Keith SEAT, York for doing everything I asked them to on the second service, including doing the recall work that Evans Halshaw failed to do on the previous year. They even pointed out that I didn't need a brake fluid change at 2 years, even though the SEAT UK online booking system has suggested that a brake fluid change should be performed and was therefore booked.

How can D M Keith manage to achieve what other SEAT dealers cannot? Perhaps it's because D M Keith are principally Skoda franchisees? They will certainly be getting my business again, which is handy as my other car is a Skoda. :D

I only read the Skoda part my other car is also a Skoda haha

Seatowl

Apr 19, 2016
The thing that gets me. As a new member... there is a forum for dealers

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

oldbutnotwise

Mar 20, 2016
Cumbernauld
Not had to deal with a dealer yet,

so I for one, would welcome any recommendations

for garages in the central belt of Scotland. :happy:

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Which garage do you use for servicing work now? I live in MK but only moved here in June last year. I'm yet to need anything done but knowing a reputable garage would be useful.

I did have my car booked in at Lancaster to get the rear cluster done due to condensation- on the day I was due to take it in to be looked at the condensation had gone after being there for 3 weeks. Sods law!

AKS Tuning or VRS Northampton are only places mine goes.

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
I have used Bristol street star city and could not fault them great bunch of guys
first class service I have had

cheers
GHB

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
How can D M Keith manage to achieve what other SEAT dealers cannot? Perhaps it's because D M Keith are principally Skoda franchisees? They will certainly be getting my business again, which is handy as my other car is a Skoda. :D

I spent the best part of a decade working for seat, I'm now a master tech at skoda and the customer handling attitude is completely different and a hundred times better.

Seat uk don't seem to share the same ethos as skoda uk, they're all about the customers where seat seemed to be all about numbers...

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Very pleased with JCT600 Menston LS29. Done warranty work and routine servicing and couldn't be more helpful. They understand people who are car sensitive and try that bit harder. I will miss them when I switch models although I love my ST FR the rate of depreciation has put me off another one.

moriarty

Apr 6, 2015
Edinburgh
Not had to deal with a dealer yet,

so I for one, would welcome any recommendations

for garages in the central belt of Scotland. :happy:

My car was bought from Western Seat in Edinburgh and they recently did first service and replaced tail light under warranty without quibble. Downside is that there was no lift back into city centre and at some point they will move out to Newbridge with all their other franchises.
Happy with them so far and as the alternative is Arnold Shark it is a no brainier in Edinburgh, although Arnie must be doing something right to become the first Billionaire car dealer?

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
Very pleased with JCT600 Menston LS29. Done warranty work and routine servicing and couldn't be more helpful. They understand people who are car sensitive and try that bit harder. I will miss them when I switch models although I love my ST FR the rate of depreciation has put me off another one.
Same here first Class Service from them as well and agree with you about the deprecation as put me off will return to VW when I change

Last edited:

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
What sort of depreciation are we talking about here? By my reckoning my FR has a residual value of around 63% at two years old which I think is quite respectable.

Last edited:

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
What sort of depreciation are we talking about here? By my reckoning my FR has a residual value of around 63% at two years old which I think is quite respectable.

Mine, List price 28K including options. Paid 25K (stock car not ordered) value at 2 year service 12k to 12.5K across dealers and we buy anycar.com. Price to change at dealer for a new one......allowance 12k

Greater than 50% depreciation in 2 years!!!!

FR ST 184 TDI black, tech pack, 19 inch alloys, LED light pack

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Mine, List price 28K including options. Paid 25K (stock car not ordered) value at 2 year service 12k to 12.5K across dealers and we buy anycar.com. Price to change at dealer for a new one......allowance 12k

Greater than 50% depreciation in 2 years!!!!

FR ST 184 TDI black, tech pack, 19 inch alloys, LED light pack

Is the 63% retail once they put it back up for sale?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
No, trade-in value as a proportion of the original (discounted) purchase price.

I did read the Leon was matching the Mk7 golf initially, but appears to be slipping now from a quick Google.

I printed some of the finance PCP calculations I did at the same time of buying for reference to see how the SEAT predicted GMFV compares to what it is actually worth at 3 years old. (Not that I have PCP)

This GMFV is their best estimate at the time.

Maybe a Dacia...

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/recommended/slowest-depreciating-cars-on-sale

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.