stripping

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
hey guys just got home from work and decided to start stripping my car out took 20 mins and took the seats and belts out makes a difference i think. road noise is a problem. anyone else doing this at the moment? tips info that kinda thing would be cool

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
cheers mate i read the first thread before i started stripping. do you know the total wieght of the seats alone i couldent get over how heavy they are.

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
half naked.
DSC00087.jpg

Jul 4, 2007
bristol
ive been reading up and the seats all in are 25k im guna get the scales out.
sam221 it has made a lot of difference i think. the road noise isent bad i thought it would be but with the carpets still in and sides the noise is dulled a lot. also i have taken out the spare wheel jack all of that stuff. with an empty take and some strong arms you could lift it up just lol

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
the front seats do weigh quite a bit, the rears aren't anything substantial though. Mostly foam, where as the fronts have the metal frames etc.

The carpets, sound deadening and roof lining weighed 20kg alone in my Lupo

You want it like my lupo ;) You might want a seat tho :p

SDC10385.jpg

ive been reading up and the seats all in are 25k im guna get the scales out.
sam221 it has made a lot of difference i think. the road noise isent bad i thought it would be but with the carpets still in and sides the noise is dulled a lot. also i have taken out the spare wheel jack all of that stuff. with an empty take and some strong arms you could lift it up just lol

As soon as you take off the side cards you will notice a big increase in road noise. Makes you s**t yourself when you go over gravel for the first few times!! :cartman: