Stuck spark plug 1.8tsi

mykro

Apr 12, 2022
Hi,
I was trying to remove spark plug which was able to lose on engine at temperature cca. 70C/160F, and I was able to made 5turns approx, and now it is stuck.
I put some penetrating spray, start engine, it was able to move 1/4 of turn, now it cant do back and forth movement.
So I heard that acethylene and Automatic Transmission fluid mix 50/50 is best for seized bolts but dont have it.
So what to do if i assume that aluminium matter or carbon at the beginning of spark plug forbids to remove it?
Does repair shop do this with thread insert without removing cylinder head? thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
What a nightmare, spark plugs do tend to end up with carbon building up on the exposed threads inside the combustion area.

It will be acetone that gets added to auto trans fluid, to make something to Releasol(sp) or Plusgas.

I don't have a good answer to your question, but as there now has been some loss or movement of the alloy, I think that this could mean removing the cylinder head to repair it without causing any more damage.

Release fluids will not do much to help you once alloy material has been damaged or moved.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.