Subaru STI 330s Hatch

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
With the Leon gone, got myself a 2010 Subaru STi 330s :D

Loving the car so far , not much plans for it till start of next year (Due to owing the rents for helping me buy it :banned: ?)

Anyone ive got a list of things i want done mostly are cosmetic for now.

Nothing Major wrong with the car for a start , with only 25k on clock, there shouldnt be.
Front bumper needs a full respray, it had got a poor side of the road quick fix at some point by the looks of it , so getting the full thing sorted proper.

Things Bought so far
Front Splitter - unsure to get it sprayed glossblack or leave it plastic colour...
Side R205 STi Badges
New Number Plates with Black Line round the Edge

Getting Done Soonish...
Front Bumper Sprayed
Bumper Inserts sprayed Gloss Black (Since the Bumper will be in anyway)

Just for Imformation - The 330s , over the standard comes with 30 more BHP, Keyless start and entry , Recaro seats , Sat Nav , 18" 5 Spoke Alloys, Prodrive Exhaust and Prodrive Springs

Anyone the best bit Pics (This is after a full Wash, Machine Polish and Hand Polish)
Will get some Funcy pics soon with my friends DSLR, as well after some new bits are on :D
as well as some better inside pics :)

Last edited:

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
Love these.. The only thing I don't like is the rear lights.

What engine is in this 2.5? I know the hawk suffer from chocolate pistons..Unsure if this shape is affected. (used to have a blob)

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Love these.. The only thing I don't like is the rear lights.

What engine is in this 2.5? I know the hawk suffer from chocolate pistons..Unsure if this shape is affected. (used to have a blob)

yeh ill be hopefully doing the Rear light Overlay mod in the next couple months (like below)

Yeh its the 2.5 , i think the same thats in the Hawks, and yeh ive read alot of these still having chocloate pistons and ringland failure .... i think it was mainly 08/09's but mine could easily be the same so right now im going to pray nothing bad happens, and first thing ill do is forge the engine right from the start.

bagged_STI_6.jpg

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
Sounds like you've done your research. The boxer engines are incredible and so stable. LOVED the rumble on mine. Absolutely gutted to sell it but needs must when buying houses. Will be back in one one day!! Will be keeping a keen eye on this ;)

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
very nice, though personally id not touch another 2.5 - do you have a warrenty on it, if not use warrenty direct they will payout...

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
very nice, though personally id not touch another 2.5 - do you have a warrenty on it, if not use warrenty direct they will payout...

No warrenty , most stories ive heard subaru will not pay out on Pistons failing .....

Gunna chance it for now , if it blows up before next year then all the reason to get it fully forged earlier :) , nothing wrong with the 2.5 as long as its looked after.

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Would be rude not to mate? May as well buy a diesel if youre gna drive like a minge lol

exactly !

Very nice, I did think about buying one a few year back but heard too much problems with the 2.5.

Cheers , yeh i was back in fourth after looking into them , but toke the chance the other option was a Evo 10 but the cost to run an evo is more than i can afford right now

herbie147

Dec 24, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Mind you, my previous Hawk STI was 100% reliable in the 2 years I owned it, some had head gasket issues.
With the hatch, it's more piston rings and factory map (det at high rpm's). Keep an eye on your oil consumption. You shouldn't need to top up between servicing.

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Mind you, my previous Hawk STI was 100% reliable in the 2 years I owned it, some had head gasket issues.
With the hatch, it's more piston rings and factory map (det at high rpm's). Keep an eye on your oil consumption. You shouldn't need to top up between servicing.

Cheers for the advice [B)]

very nice,ive been looking at these the past few months in this wet weather weve been having 4WD power is awesome

4WD is just so much win , cant go back now , such a nice feeling to come off a roundabout plant the foot, and actually go forward :lol: , my Mk1 was hopeless in the wet was pointless to even try haha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise