Suspension Knocking

Nov 19, 2023
Good evening,

Quick question, I have an issue that the local garage can't remedy on my Leon Xperience.....
If the car hits a pothole there is a serious bang from the passenger side footwell.
The Shock absorber and spring have been renewed twice to cure it and recently the suspension arm has been replaced but the noise still happens.
Been told it is safe, but I'm not happy.
This only started after being informed the original spring and shocker needed replacing, which it did.
Has anyone else had any similar issues, and if so, what was the remedy?
TIA.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I changed my front wheel bearing and had an issue with the front anti roll bar drop link - silly design with a tiny triple square drive which is supposed to resist a large nut. The nut seized part way undone due to corrosion, and sheared off my triple square drive which meant I really struggled getting it back tight again. Went for a drive and made a right racket - so I persevered and luckily I just managed to get the nut tight.
Point being, drop links and anti roll bars can cause noise - and will have to have been removed to change your front strut. Check the drop link is tight/torqued up and the link isn't damaged/loose.

Reactions: Mr Pig
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.