Tailgate-mounted Bike Rack for ST?

FamilyGuy

Apr 1, 2015
Looking for a decent 3-bike rack to hang off the back of my car. Any recommendations?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
I have a Saris Bones 3 which I used to use on my MK6 Golf GTI and it was great. It is adjustable to fit any car so it will be being used on my Cupra ST when it finally arrives!

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Thule listed one in their 2014 catalogue for the Leon then in 2015 removed it.

Saris also listed two in their 2014 catalogues and removed them for 2015.

I have emailed them both to ask the question, havn't had a response from Saris yet but Thules response was

Thank you for your email and your interest in Thule Products.

Unfortunately we do not have a rear mounted solution for your vehicle. We have tested our systems on your vehicle but they were deemed unsuitable due to the vehicle not having enough space for hooks to attach on to the hatch.

We suggest you look at tow bar or roof mounted carriers. Our carriers will fit any standard UK 50mm tow ball.

We are sorry we cannot be more help with this for you.

I also had the same problem with the MK4 Ibiza and ended up with a roof rack.

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Apr 1, 2015
Thule listed one in their 2014 catalogue for the Leon then in 2015 removed it.

Saris also listed two in their 2014 catalogues and removed them for 2015.

I have emailed them both to ask the question, havn't had a response from Saris yet but Thules response was

I also had the same problem with the MK4 Ibiza and ended up with a roof rack.
It's odd, Thule have nothing for the hatch either. Think it's gonna be the Saris Bones...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Saris reply

Thanks for contacting Saris Cycling Group. It looks like the only two racks we would be able to recommend for your vehicle would be the Solo and Gran Fondo. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.