TCS warning light

petay_pan

Oct 27, 2005
i had this on my old car i went over a bump in the car and the TCS and ABS light would come on and remain on. finally found that the plug in the wheel arch was dodgey somehow, unplugged it plugged it back in and was fixed - it was plugged in securly before but must have just got some crud in it or something. could be anything though, this also caused my front brakes abs to come on going over hard bumps...didnt stop the car just made a vibrating sound as the abs act sooo fast

Hicks

Let's nuke 'em from orbit
Nov 26, 2002
Relocated Yorkshireman
Visit site
Tell me about it. Their justification was, well we do the "hard work" of diagnosing the fault, then you could take it somewhere else to get fixed. I just don't trust them. It would help a lot if I could find someone who has a vagcom, so could at least get the fault codes.

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
Hicks said:
Tell me about it. Their justification was, well we do the "hard work" of diagnosing the fault, then you could take it somewhere else to get fixed. I just don't trust them. It would help a lot if I could find someone who has a vagcom, so could at least get the fault codes.

:no: :redcard: Is it really that hard to plug a lead into the centre console ?? Laughable :banned:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i recon we should have an map of the UK (possibly the world if theres enough people) and plot on the map everyone who has and is willing to share/burrow/use their vag-com software and cables........

All help each other and all that :)

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
Pabs said:
i recon we should have an map of the UK (possibly the world if theres enough people) and plot on the map everyone who has and is willing to share/burrow/use their vag-com software and cables........

All help each other and all that :)

I like the sound of that :thumbup:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.