TD05 16G Turbo

Mat

I've been offered a TD05 16G Turbo for £60... From a Scooby I'm led to believe. Will this fit the Ibiza? If not, could it be used to hybrid the K03? What are the power limits etc of this turbo?

TIA

Mat

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Fitting this is basically an IHI turbo conversion. Its far from direct fit but aftermarkets parts are out there to make it fit. Cant be used to hybrid a k03.

Mat

I was told it would fit.... at £60, I'm not sure if it's worth buying. A mate just wants rid, hel, Icould even sell it on again

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Its no where near direct bolt on in place of a k03. You would need a different exhaust mani, downpipe, oil and coolant lines for a start. Then you'll need to add all the other stuff and supporting mods to get to to run properly. Not worth buying to sell on, its a used turbo.

kelvin_redcupra

Jan 17, 2010
staffordshire
I've been offered a TD05 16G Turbo for £60... From a Scooby I'm led to believe. Will this fit the Ibiza? If not, could it be used to hybrid the K03? What are the power limits etc of this turbo?

TIA

Mat

power limits is 350bhp max but its a very fast spooling turbo as i had one on my scooby ,also anything will fit if you are willing to spend time and money lol would be a very fast motor if you did fit it tho

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I was told it would fit.... at £60, I'm not sure if it's worth buying. A mate just wants rid, hel, Icould even sell it on again

it does'nt "just fit"

many other parts required and some skill to know what and where.

bolt on it aint

Mat

wasn't expecting it to just bolt on, my mate said another mate told him it would (as said, I was dubious).....

Think I'll pass

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise