TDI 150 to TDI 170!

Dillinja

Throbbing Member
May 16, 2003
Beds
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I will soon be getting a nice new TDI FR. :happy: At the moment I have a 54 reg Cupra diesel. I was wondering if anyone out there has done the same change and what they thought about the performance of the new car.

It's an extra 20 PS, does it make any noticeable difference? How does the 2.0 compare to the 1.9 in terms of noise, smoothness etc?

Cheers all!

:D

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
The 170 is smoother, but also the power provided is smoother across the rev range, so unlike the 1.9 "nothing" "nothing" "lots" "nothing" type attitude on its rev range, the 170 is just progresive through it, so it doesn't feel as quick

Speedo tells a different story though :D

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

Its defo smoother and has more torque

have you had a test drive to see for yourself

oh be sure to give me a ring aswell :D

Irfan

Dillinja

Throbbing Member
May 16, 2003
Beds
Visit site
Thanks all, MPG is a bit of a shocker I had no idea so thanks for the heads up Andy. Now I have heard about the DPF problems too :( I was already in two minds about whether to go for the TFSI and now I am back to thinking about the petrol again. I had sort of decided on the Diesel as I do 17,000mls a year.

What to do, what to do? :doh:

PlatCupraJedi

Petrol Power
Jul 3, 2005
East Anglia
~17000miles i'd have the diesel fr even if it only does ~10mpg more! ..Well as i do alot less miles, i would sat that!.......(and in MY opinion the diesel fr is a much better car to drive)..
DPF-i would quess most people don't have a problem at all. i certainly haven't.....i need to find some wood to touch now...!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.