TDI Dumpvalve

makaTDI

Ibizaaaa
Jan 27, 2007
Iv bin looking for a dumpvalve now for quite sometime. Have any of you guys got 1, if so could someone send me a sound clip plz:D

Oct 12, 2005
If you do a search you will find out loads. Forge do a dp but there are no performance benifits for diesels. A few people who have fitted them have taken theres off as they have found the sound not all that. IMO I wouldnt bother!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Have a look at the Derv doctors site. I think he does them, but you won't get any gain from one. Just a load of people looking at your car and wondering why a really nice motor has been chaved up with a pointless feature.
You could always fit neons though, innit?

makaTDI

Ibizaaaa
Jan 27, 2007
hahaha u guys are really funny lol.Its one of those things that ive always wanted.As a kid ive found them facsinating and buzzed of them, and ive still not changed now :D. So is it really that bad to put one on? :cry: I do really want one would someone be able to give me a sound clip maybe? cheers

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Yeah it`s nearly as naff as having a NOS purge system set up on your car so it sprays from the front a Jason.:whistle:

I ditched that idea, Mike! Kind of like coming to my senses. Not ruling out the fitment of a CO2 based purge system in the future - just for laughs. 100% of my laughing gas will be going in the engine. :funk:

I found a vid on my PC of a pug306 using a similar system, so I uploaded it. It really does sound pants compared to a true petrol dump valve - timing sucks, the noise is just monotone & crap. [little britain] Don't like it!

and if you get a decent turbo, a car can make dumping type noises without even having one fitted. ;)

Last edited:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
HI All,

I feel the same as maka actually i have always wanted a DV don't know why but i needed the economy/insurance of a TDI, and to make things worse my brother just bought a carbonio for his mk4 golf gti so everytime he comes home i have to hear this really nice wooooshhhing sound lol but to be fair main reason for me not getting one is the fact that they cost so much for no performance gain puts me off completley but if i could get one cheap i may concider, just my thoughts but each to their own???

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Maka

I def think ya shud get one Maka, but make sure its a good one like Forge with the fitting kit. I made a costly mistake and bought a cheap universal one when i first got my car and it was a pile of :w4nk: The damn thing kept dumping as soon as the boost kicked in (was a pretty loud psssst) cause the spring in the dv wasnt strong enough to take the pressure and half the parts needed for it were missing.

Heres a pic of the piece of sh*t half way through me ripping it out and having to replace my vac lines and a hose.

GET THE FORGE DUMPVALVE!!!!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise