Thank to the guys from finerdetails

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
I would like to thank the guys at finerdetails for spend about an hour talking to me and a mate at UD Show this weekend about what products to used and how to use a PC the right way , as if it done wrong it can look very bad , if you need any advice recommend these guys ,as they are so friendly and willing to show you what you are doing wrong

Cheers Kenny

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I would like to thank the guys at finerdetails for spend about an hour talking to me and a mate at UD Show this weekend about what products to used and how to use a PC the right way , as if it done wrong it can look very bad , if you need any advice recommend these guys ,as they are so friendly and willing to show you what you are doing wrong

Cheers Kenny
Cheers Kenny.
Iain knows his stuff doesn't he? I was just helping out and trying to pass on what i've learnt from him. Did you see any of our demo's?
Hope you enjoyed the show and i'm glad we were able to advise you:D

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
Cheers Kenny.
Iain knows his stuff doesn't he? I was just helping out and trying to pass on what i've learnt from him. Did you see any of our demo's?
Hope you enjoyed the show and i'm glad we were able to advise you:D

Yes i saw the demo on the S8 at 1pm on Sunday , it good . there was great example of a car , which the owner of it ,who didn't know what he was doing with a PC and never broke down the polish correctly and left the paintwork in a mess . If i get stuck the next time i am clean the man , i will give Iain a quick phone for some advice

cheers Kenny

Last edited:

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
I wish I could have made the show. Watching Iain is great - he doesn't even look like he is concentrating half the time, it looks so easy. I have to concentrate with my rotary so much the world could end around me and I wouldn't notice!

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Myself and Iain were a bit too busy to see the show properly (S8's are WAYYYY too big) but what we did manage to see between demo's was great.
Nice to meet a few of you and hopefully pass on some helpfull tips.
Smaller car next year though Iain! ;)

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
I wish I could have made the show. Watching Iain is great - he doesn't even look like he is concentrating half the time, it looks so easy. I have to concentrate with my rotary so much the world could end around me and I wouldn't notice!

so after a very very long weekend you wouldnt fancy a monday morning starting at 8.30am with a BMW130 like this:

BMW130.jpg

but TEN hours later it looks like this:

BMW13025.jpg

BMW13017.jpg

Thanks again tl everyone that came over, was a great day, and a long weekend, but so worth every minute of it!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Top notch. Anyway, thats no problem for you - after all, when I came up to see you I didn't think you were going to last the morning with that hangover but you just cracked on!

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Set out from home around 8am, arriving at the Telford International Centre at 10am. Following a quick wash of the van, and dry, I was taken inside and introduced to the car I was going to be using on the day for demonstrations.

Van:
ultimedubsshow11-8.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-2.jpg

Car:
ultimedubsshow11-4.jpg

Both lined up ready:
ultimedubsshow11.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-7.jpg

Next job wasa quick inspection of the Audi S8:
Bonnet:
ultimedubsshow11-1.jpg

Doors and side panels:
ultimedubsshow11-3.jpg

Boot:
ultimedubsshow11-5.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Ok, with the day ahead to try to sort most of the car i took the decision to complete the car to wax level everywhere except down the off side panels, here I was going to leave every panel as a half and half panel and use them to demo the de-swirl, finishing polish, glaze and finally wax.

Here the on going preparation work on Saturday with my assistant for the weekend too:
ultimedubsshow11-9.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-10.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-11.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-12.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-13.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-14.jpg

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
and this is what the wing, two doors and rear quarter all looked like by the end of Saturday:
ultimedubsshow11-15.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-19.jpg

Time to add some literature to the car, and give the van some TLC, pics taken as we left on Saturday night:
ultimedubsshow11-16.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-20.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-21.jpg

Show day, me and the demo area:
ultimedubsshow11-24.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-25.jpg

A picture taken in each hall before the doors opened:

ultimedubsshow11-26.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-27.jpg

ultimedubsshow11-28.jpg

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
That's stunning work Iain .... really is. I think i might as well aspire to a place in heaven instead of trying to catch up with what you do .... i've more chance of getting in there :)

Hehe who's the YT in the baseball cap ;)

Did you shine their shoes too? :lol:

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
That's stunning work Iain .... really is. I think i might as well aspire to a place in heaven instead of trying to catch up with what you do .... i've more chance of getting in there :)

Hehe who's the YT in the baseball cap ;)

Did you shine their shoes too? :lol:

That would be me [:@]
:lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.