The good, the bad, the ugly

Aug 22, 2022
I now have my Formentor 1.5 DSG for almost a week and was curious if you guys have the same experience about the following 2 things;

The positive;
The Coasting/Sailing function seems to have had an good and needed upgrade. Prior to the Formentor I had a Tiguan 2021 with same engine and DSG and it had a terrible (and no switching off) DSG coasting function whereas the gearbox would go into neutral position as soon as you lifted your foot of the accelerator, only to re-engage again when you hit the accelerator or the brakes. This was driving me mad as in a lot of situations the car would just close up on the car before and you would need to brake. Something you wouldn’t have to do if it would stay in gear and the car would brake on the engine. With the Formentor it seems they updated this and the gearbox will only go into neutral when the front radar senses there is no car close in front of you. On top of that, while coasting the gearbox will shift back into gear if the front radar senses a vehicle in front coming closer, thus providing brake on the engine again. I find this to be a wonderful piece of engineering !

The negative;
The automatic lighting is driving me mad, more to say the inability to switch it off. There is no way to turn the Auto mode of as it will come on again as soon as you drive over 10km/h and thus switching on the lights again. Even if it’s in the morning with more than enough daylight to my taste. Anybody have a (coding) solution for this? Or maybe the ability to decrease the min amount of lux the light sensor needs before it activates the lights ?

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
The automatic lighting is driving me mad, more to say the inability to switch it off. There is no way to turn the Auto mode of as it will come on again as soon as you drive over 10km/h and thus switching on the lights again. Even if it’s in the morning with more than enough daylight to my taste. Anybody have a (coding) solution for this? Or maybe the ability to decrease the min amount of lux the light sensor needs before it activates the lights ?

I'm pretty sure I've seen this setting when digging around with an OBDEleven. Not sure if it can be changed, necessarily. I tried changing the minimum LUX threshold for activation of the welcome lightbar animation, but it gives an error.

Do you have an OBDeleven, or know someone with it?

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
I now have my Formentor 1.5 DSG for almost a week and was curious if you guys have the same experience about the following 2 things;

The positive;
The Coasting/Sailing function seems to have had an good and needed upgrade. Prior to the Formentor I had a Tiguan 2021 with same engine and DSG and it had a terrible (and no switching off) DSG coasting function whereas the gearbox would go into neutral position as soon as you lifted your foot of the accelerator, only to re-engage again when you hit the accelerator or the brakes. This was driving me mad as in a lot of situations the car would just close up on the car before and you would need to brake. Something you wouldn’t have to do if it would stay in gear and the car would brake on the engine. With the Formentor it seems they updated this and the gearbox will only go into neutral when the front radar senses there is no car close in front of you. On top of that, while coasting the gearbox will shift back into gear if the front radar senses a vehicle in front coming closer, thus providing brake on the engine again. I find this to be a wonderful piece of engineering !

The negative;

There is an option to change the sensitivity of automatic lighting.
I believe it is in the car setup menu -> exterior -> lights (or something like that.

BR
P

Reactions: jim64
Aug 22, 2022
There is an option to change the sensitivity of automatic lighting.
I believe it is in the car setup menu -> exterior -> lights (or something like that.

BR
P

I know, it's already set to the lowest possible being "late"

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.