The New Arrival

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Picked up my new Ibiza FR 1.2 Tsi this morning and so far I would say it has exceeded my expectations. That little 1.2 engine is a delight, I had expected with the reduction in torque from the 1.6 diesel I would need to use the gears a bit more but not so. It is a pleasure to drive on the back roads where I live and in reality probably better suited to this type of driving than the diesel was.

So far, very happy! Here are a few pictures, not good quality as I only had my phone on me but I will get some better ones later.

IMAG0120_zps2f8c5b0b.jpg

IMAG0121_zpsa7434f4a.jpg

IMAG0122_zpscab481b5.jpg

IMAG0123_zpsc3a81e8f.jpg

And if anyone in the Nort East/Newcastle area is looking for a Seat, give Western Seat a try. Buying this car has been a delight compared to the grief I have had from some dealers and I would highly recommend them ;)

Deleted member 49882

Nice looking motor...colour is great looking. Health to enjoy it.

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
Nice to see another 1.2tsi owner, its a great little engine, packs a punch and still cheap to run, just approaching 1500 miles on mine and mpg is just getting better and better.
And who can complain at the £30 tax either!?

Deleted member 62899

very nice, looks like its on stilts though- great colour- enjoy

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Thanks guys :)

I have done 100 miles today in the 1.2 and am smitten by it.That engine is just so much better than I had expected.

No plans for mod's for it though, I tend to leave my car's (and bikes) standard, I just sort of like them that way...........lol

scooter1556

Mar 24, 2013
Looking good. Glad you are pleased with it! I am also impressed with the little 1.2 TSI engine. Good fun when you want it but easy to live with around town and cheap to run. I was so tempted to get something quicker like the 1.4 TSI but the extra tax, insurance, fuel costs and potential for problems steered me towards the 1.2. Keep us informed with how you get on. I really should get some pics of mine up sometime. Mines the 5 door and it's surprising how much different it looks side on. Like the colour by the way...

Anthony haddad

Enjoy it man lovely car i have the same color on my 1.6 SC great choice

LJA

Oct 8, 2010
Derbyshire
I think it would suit very subtle touches.

Maybe the 17" OPtional Extra Wheels - They were only an extra £150 at point of purchase.

Gloss Black vinyl wrap around the number plate area. Maybe a blackened grill surround and badge.

That would look menacing at the front end, and I'd leave it at that!

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I agree scooter, the 1.2tsi is an attractive package from a financial point of view. I have been pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy to, only done 160 miles so far but the computer is telling me I have averaged 45mpg. It just gets better and better....... lol

@ Anthony, the colour is very nice but I have to confess that was down to the wife, if I had picked it would have been red again.

@ LJA I did originally intend going for the 17 inch wheels, they are a nice looking wheel. But I decided to stick with the 16 inch standard wheels as I like the way the car rides. I was worried the 17's may make it a bit more harsh.
But I am considering the vinyl around the front number plate, that could look nice ;)

scooter1556

Mar 24, 2013
Mine is red with the 17" alloys. I test drove an FR with the standard 16" wheels and to be honest I don't think the ride is any different, if anything I remember the ride being harsher on the test drive. The 17" wheels do add a bit of extra road noise though which is my only gripe as they look terrific and make the car stand out.

scooter1556

Mar 24, 2013
I like the red, wasn't going to go for it originally but it was already in stock which meant a 2 week wait. When I pulled into the dealers I was pleasantly surprised, it really stood out in the car park. Goes well with the red stitching and FR badge too.

I need to post some more waffle before I can post pictures though :(

scooter1556

Mar 24, 2013
Road holding is slightly improved by the 17s I feel and I prefer the look overall, but tires will cost more, road noise is enhanced and once you're in and having fun I don't think they make any difference. One thing I am glad I got thrown in is parking sensors! Rear visibility isn't great and I don't have a driveway so have to parallel park regularly. The sensors are a god send I must say...

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
I have been pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy to, only done 160 miles so far but the computer is telling me I have averaged 45mpg.

Managed to hit 52mpg on a trip from Worcester to Silverstone today (110miles+), was very impressed :) and that wasn't Sunday driving either!! ... well not all of it ;)

One thing I am glad I got thrown in is parking sensors!

I reckon I should have haggled more when I bought mine, people getting things thrown in, I got sod all..
Paid 12.3 for mine, standard, well metallic speed blue paint, which the dealer claimed to be 1 of 5 in UK with 13 plate - they don't do the colour any more.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members