The New Arrival

scooter1556

Mar 24, 2013
12.3k is a very good price though! I paid 13k for mine and that was with £1600 off. That did include alloy wheel cover, lifeshine, spare wheel, 17" alloys, parking sensors, GAP etc... You also got the desirable colour. You obviously haggled the price down to the point where I doubt they could afford to 'throw' anything extra in!

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
but tires will cost more

Possibly not, the 16's are an odd size so not that common and tend to be quite expensive. I had to replace two on my 2010 sport model and the cheapest I could find was £120 each.

Managed to hit 52mpg on a trip from Worcester to Silverstone today (110miles+), was very impressed :) and that wasn't Sunday driving either!! ... well not all of it ;)

Sounds good to me, of late I was just getting an average of 50mpg with my diesel, as I was doing very short journeys. So if you take into account petrol is cheaper than diesel, I'm on to a winner.... lol

I reckon I should have haggled more when I bought mine, people getting things thrown in, I got sod all..
Paid 12.3 for mine, standard, well metallic speed blue paint, which the dealer claimed to be 1 of 5 in UK with 13 plate - they don't do the colour any more.

You really must sharpen your haggling skills mate ;)

scooter1556

Mar 24, 2013
Possibly not, the 16's are an odd size so not that common and tend to be quite expensive. I had to replace two on my 2010 sport model and the cheapest I could find was £120 each.)

That's interesting, I got some rough quotes before going for the 17s and they are significantly cheaper than £120 a corner! I am managing 42mpg around the city at the minute. Haven't done many motorway miles yet but when I have it's been up to 48mpg which is encouraging.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
12.3k is a very good price though! I paid 13k for mine and that was with £1600 off. That did include alloy wheel cover, lifeshine, spare wheel, 17" alloys, parking sensors, GAP etc... You also got the desirable colour. You obviously haggled the price down to the point where I doubt they could afford to 'throw' anything extra in!

I stand corrected, £12,300 is a very good price! I paid £12,900 for mine, with metallic paint, the tech pack, a spare wheel and GAP insurance......

GraemeB

Sep 3, 2012
Monifieth, Angus
That's a nice colour. You'll enjoy the engine it really does defy its size with the performance it delivers.
Mine has 5k on the clock and my commute is 10 miles each way through town and if the traffic isn't too bad I can get 50mpg and that isn't driving like a nun either.

Just enjoy, cheap road tax, great fuel consumption, and decent discounts on list price, we can't complain!

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
Electric folding mirrors (which was the bit I wanted) rain sensing windscreen, automatic lights and auto dimming rear view mirror. Plus I think the coming home/ leaving home lights might be part of it but not sure on that one.

Wish I'd taken that pack now really, should be called convenience pack!
I'm guessing they wont retrofit things for same additional cost? - I'd imagine some of it is factory fitted.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Wish I'd taken that pack now really, should be called convenience pack!
I'm guessing they wont retrofit things for same additional cost? - I'd imagine some of it is factory fitted.

I would imagine it would be quite awkward to retrofit and most of it is "factory fit" but it may be worth asking!
I only went for the tech pack as I really wanted the folding mirrors and the only way to get them was to take the tech pack. But I have to say, the rain sensing wipers are great. It rains and the wipers start........ Plus if it gets dark, the lights come on......... If only this thing could steer itself ...........lol

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
That's a nice colour. You'll enjoy the engine it really does defy its size with the performance it delivers.
Mine has 5k on the clock and my commute is 10 miles each way through town and if the traffic isn't too bad I can get 50mpg and that isn't driving like a nun either.

Just enjoy, cheap road tax, great fuel consumption, and decent discounts on list price, we can't complain!

It is an all round good package, I think Seat are onto a winner with this one ;)

nickcopa

Electric folding mirrors (which was the bit I wanted) rain sensing windscreen, automatic lights and auto dimming rear view mirror. Plus I think the coming home/ leaving home lights might be part of it but not sure on that one.

Can't beat those folding mirrors. Picking up my 1.2 tsi fr hopefully on Wednesday, had my red 1.4 copa for 2 years now and no probs at all. Great cars. Hoping for a bit more "get up and go" with the TSI engine.

Although all those extras I got with the Ibiza 2 yrs ago seemed to have been stripped from the facelift.

nickcopa

Did you get your car today Nick, what do you think of it?

Yes took delivery today, loving it so far. Quite nippy, having a slight issue with the seat portable system, in it keeps disconnecting from my phone on occasions, but nothing major.

Overall im very pleased :D

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
What sort of mpg are you averaging now?

It varies really, I live 2.7miles from work, some of which is a 50mph, rest is a 30mph, and its uphill, so on the way to work I can get about 35, on the way home I can get 40.

I did a trip from Worcester to Silverstone last weekend and got 51 which was A roads and motorway, I was quite happy with that. I wasn't thraping it and I wasn't driving like a nun.

I think overall I'm averaging about 37mpg which for the type and distance of driving I do I'm more than happy with.

Deleted member 62899

DSC00001Medium.jpg

Hey Biker , just realised that in the company next to where i work a guy has 1 the same as yours & its an FR too.
why is my pic so small

Last edited by a moderator:

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
having a slight issue with the seat portable system, in it keeps disconnecting from my phone on occasions

Overall im very pleased :D

I had an issue with the portable system too, it wouldn't display the total distance traveled or the average fuel consumption. I connected the unit to my laptop and went to the Navigon website and found there was an upgrade available, part of which is a fix for Ibiza compatability. This sorted mine out, could be worth a try.

Pleased to hear you are happy with the car :)

BaldyDave

Mildly Deranged...
Aug 12, 2011
Central Belt Scotland
Picked up my new Ibiza FR 1.2 Tsi this morning and so far I would say it has exceeded my expectations. That little 1.2 engine is a delight, I had expected with the reduction in torque from the 1.6 diesel I would need to use the gears a bit more but not so. It is a pleasure to drive on the back roads where I live and in reality probably better suited to this type of driving than the diesel was.

So far, very happy! Here are a few pictures, not good quality as I only had my phone on me but I will get some better ones later.

And if anyone in the Nort East/Newcastle area is looking for a Seat, give Western Seat a try. Buying this car has been a delight compared to the grief I have had from some dealers and I would highly recommend them ;)

Lovely car! I wish you many happy miles with it! :)

I've had a shot of a 1.2TSI and I agree that it's a brilliant engine...

Sadly I didn't have as good an experience with my SEAT dealer, and this is part of the reason My FR TDI has just been traded in for a new Kia Procee'd.... Will be posting about this soon.....

Just goes to show what damage a combination of poor dealer and indifferent Seat Customer Services can do to a loyal Seat customer...

Anyway, I'll save the rant for elsewhere! lol ;)

Enjoy your car! :D

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Sorry to hear you are departing Seat Dave but I know what you mean about poor dealers, I bought my last one from Arnold Clark (need I say more)

Good luck with the Kia mate, I hope your experience with it is happier than with your Seat ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise