Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The first addition to the range is the new entry-level Leon SE, starting from £19,855.

The new Leon SE comes with a 1.0-litre 110PS TSI engine delivering fuel efficiency and Real Driving Emissions Stage 2 (RDE2) compliancy meaning it meets the latest Euro 6d emissions standards.

The new Leon SE benefits from a BiK (Benefit in Kind) rate of 27%, the lowest in the Leon range, and with residuals of 41.2% of its value after three years / 60,000 miles according to CAP, one of the most competitive TCO in its class, costing as little as 24.6p per mile over its lifetime*.

In addition to variable geometry turbocharging, the latest generation petrol TSI engines benefit from a Miller-cycle combustion process to optimise valvetrain control to improve fuel efficiency by up to 10 per cent.

Mild hybrid eTSI technology is available in combination with the DSG transmission and uses a 48V starter-generator and 48V lithium-ion battery for optimal efficiency by allowing the Leon to coast...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I'm really trying to like the new Leon, but at around £2k more across the board than the outgoing models, I'm finding it a bit of a struggle :(

Vag8

Jul 5, 2019
I'm really trying to like the new Leon, but at around £2k more across the board than the outgoing models, I'm finding it a bit of a struggle :(

i agree, I’m struggling too, as much as hate and I do mean hate the Mk3 facelift I have (based purely on the god awful 1.5 130 engine, otherwise I like it), I just can’t bring myself to buy the mk 4, the styling is ‘meh’ and the interior isn’t much better for me either... and as you said the £2k hike isn’t helping.
I’m starting to find the golf 8 a more a attractive option and I know they basically the same but residuals will be better after 3/4 years.

Also I have not seen a single one on the road yet... so are they actually selling many? As many of the mk3 owners I know are not tempted by it. So will there be heavy discounting to get the sales up?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’m starting to find the golf 8 a more a attractive option and I know they basically the same but residuals will be better after 3/4 years.

The mk8 Golf is pig ugly though IMO. With looks like that, I don’t think I could bring myself to own one. It has pretty much the same touchscreen set up as the Leon too - so all the conventional, easy to use controls for functions like heating, ventilation, lights have been removed and replaced with cheap touchscreens that are more difficult and more distracting to operate on the move.

I dare say the Golf drives and handles well and no doubt it’ll sell because it’s a Golf. But it‘s certainly no looker and not for me.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
On the plus side the latest gen audi a3 looks awsome! Certainly the pick of the bunch. You do however pay a premium

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The A3 also has real climate controls, although unfortunately not simple knobs. I think the A3 is the best looking of the bunch, but I do like both the Leon and the Golf. The Golf definitely looks much better in GTI trim though.

The only one I've seen so far is in the dealership when I had my car serviced a little while back. I've not seen a new Octavia or A3 either, and only a couple of new Golfs. Covid has meant that it's been a very soft launch.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I had a look at the Mk4 the other day.
looks better in the flesh than in the pics. Inside smart apart from the touchscreen.
Already decent discounts. FR 150 was 21 something.
Problem I have is the car I really went to view is in the dealer next door- the new Mazda 3.
It’s absolutely stunning, inside, outside, everything. Rotary knob bmw style no touchscreen, not quite as roomy as the Leon but think it’s what I’d have. Costs more but probably not that much on monthly. Lol
Had VW Audi group cars in the family for years but think I’m having a change next. Was hoping to do it soon but looks like it’s on hold now due to our extension that has been brought forward so I’ll keep my options open in the meantime.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The Mazda 3 is a very competitive option. I'd definitely seriously consider one, although TBH the Leon I'd be looking at is the PHEV, although honestly I think my next car will be a pure EV (likely an ID.3)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Well, you did buy a 'run out' car there! You can pick up a run out model of a lot of cars for cheap before the new one is fully available.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.