thinking of selling my mk4 ibiza

stonemichael

Jan 27, 2013
Dunfermline, Fife
hello, im thinking about selling my mk4 seat ibiza, its a 57 reg.

1.4 formula sport model (100hp)

done just over 61 thousand miles

Has mot and tax til around January, February 2015

full service history.

the car is in good running condition, starts every time. the bodywork isnt in the best shape, someone keyed it last year on one side, has some paint chips. back bumper has been scratched and popped out from one side so thats in need of fixing.

the interior is in okay condition couple of fag burns in the seats when i bought the car back in December 2012, could do with a new gear gaitor. its needing a new exhaust as its been de-cated and had the mid silencer taken off. its rather loud.

Would be looking for around £2000 if i was to sell it.

(will get pics up tommorow or thursday sometime )

Would px for a tdi or something faster than a 1.4

attila_tdi

Aug 2, 2009
Hampshire
hello, im thinking about selling my mk4 seat ibiza, its a 57 reg.

1.4 formula sport model (100hp)

done just over 61 thousand miles

Has mot and tax til around January, February 2015

full service history.

the car is in good running condition, starts every time. the bodywork isnt in the best shape, someone keyed it last year on one side, has some paint chips. back bumper has been scratched and popped out from one side so thats in need of fixing.

the interior is in okay condition couple of fag burns in the seats when i bought the car back in December 2012, could do with a new gear gaitor. its needing a new exhaust as its been de-cated and had the mid silencer taken off. its rather loud.

Would be looking for around £2000 if i was to sell it.

(will get pics up tommorow or thursday sometime )

Would px for a tdi or something faster than a 1.4

Ha! I posted this about my tdi 130 without even a price and got an unhelpful response from moderators saying its going down as looked too much like an advert!

Loving the consistency of rules here.

OP are you looking for idea on price or sell it here? Get price indication from ebay completed listings or autotrader.

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
I don't usually like commenting on these but your reply caught my eye.

It's quite hard to value a car through words alone. Also, people have varying standards of okay or good condition.

As you've mentioned though, best bet is looking at eBay or auto trader for similar cars and price similar or cheaper if you're looking for a quick sale.

P.S - This does look like an advert, so if you do decide to sell, place the advert in the Forsale Section...

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
That's fine, as you've seen, price varies. A lot will depend on how quick you want to sell, overall condition and service history etc...

attila_tdi

Aug 2, 2009
Hampshire
Hey don't get me wrong I think it's a good idea. Just felt annoyed they took down my post that was exactly the same. I'm just bitter!

Thwomp08

Yellow Beeza Cupra
May 22, 2014
Midlands
I'll hopefully help put a perspective on this...

Compare your description with my purchase 3 months ago...

Mk4 Ibiza Cupra 1.9 TDi (160hp), 54 plate, just shy of 45k miles, MOT done on purchase, 2 months tax, full Seat dealer service history.

Bodywork was immaculate other than a single stone chip which is difficult to notice but has since been repaired, a couple of scuffs on 2 alloys (this was the worst thing about the car).

Interior was spot on, it was clean... however, now it's in need of a serious hoover. No cig burns or tears/pulls/etc in stitching.

Engine ran and still runs smoothly.

I bought mine for £4700, however I needed to travel around 120 miles to get her.

I was looking at other Cupra TDis before hand and for the same as above with 20k miles or so added on, it was around a grand less.

Hopefully that gives you a bit of an idea of what work you need to do to yours to get it up the higher end of that sell scale you found.

Good luck :)

Ta.