Thoughts/Experiences with Leasing

Volt

May 2, 2021
Hi, I was a member a couple of years ago when I had a Seat Leon Cupra 290 which I had to part with for financial reasons.

I’m back now looking at Cupra and with an upcoming terrible negative equity loss through PCP on my current car, I’m looking at leasing so I know what I’m paying and don’t get a nasty surprise at the end.

Any experience/advice for a first time leaser?

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester
This is my 2nd lease through VWFS and both times have been effortless. Customer service just the same as buying imo. The dealership on both occasions kept me informed of the build process and shipping details. On handover I have to say the salesman was brilliant stayed late for me to collect and didn’t rush me out. Sat with me and went through a lot of the features. All costs we mentioned up front no hidden fees. Was going to go through an agent but after accepting their offer they called me back and upped the payment due to the 2/3/4 year tax costs. Dealership said they included in price.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Hi, I was a member a couple of years ago when I had a Seat Leon Cupra 290 which I had to part with for financial reasons.

I’m back now looking at Cupra and with an upcoming terrible negative equity loss through PCP on my current car, I’m looking at leasing so I know what I’m paying and don’t get a nasty surprise at the end.

Any experience/advice for a first time lease

This is my 2nd lease through VWFS and both times have been effortless. Customer service just the same as buying imo. The dealership on both occasions kept me informed of the build process and shipping details. On handover I have to say the salesman was brilliant stayed late for me to collect and didn’t rush me out. Sat with me and went through a lot of the features. All costs we mentioned up front no hidden fees. Was going to go through an agent but after accepting their offer they called me back and upped the payment due to the 2/3/4 year tax costs. Dealership said they included in price.
Andy did you do the handover with the dealer? My last car was handed back via a British Car Auction guy. That was the only issue I had as the BCA guy more or less went over the car with ipad magnifying the most minor scratch. I agreed with the charge for a ding on door and alloy scrape but disputed the other minor scratches. VWFS did reduce cost.
Agree with you on Dealer being good customer relations.

Volt I prefer the lease deal as it removes the trade in haggle issue and allowing for minor cost (£500 reduced to 250 when disputed) at hand back I am going with Lease again when my Ateca is due next year.

AndyP

Sep 5, 2017
Manchester
Andy did you do the handover with the dealer? My last car was handed back via a British Car Auction guy. That was the only issue I had as the BCA guy more or less went over the car with ipad magnifying the most minor scratch. I agreed with the charge for a ding on door and alloy scrape but disputed the other minor scratches. VWFS did reduce cost.
Agree with you on Dealer being good customer relations.

Volt I prefer the lease deal as it removes the trade in haggle issue and allowing for minor cost (£500 reduced to 250 when disputed) at hand back I am going with Lease again when my Ateca is due next year.
I was back at the dealership last week for its first service, again customer service was great. Mentioned that my screen has a wobble once a month and when I collected picked it up it looks like they have replaced/fixed it. End of term handover was with BCA for my last one too. Silly. buggers came and picked it up at 7pm on a rainy October night. Watched him pour over the car getting soaked, felt sorry for him he missed a slight curbed rim and I little ding (obviously forgot to tell him).

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
I was back at the dealership last week for its first service, again customer service was great. Mentioned that my screen has a wobble once a month and when I collected picked it up it looks like they have replaced/fixed it. End of term handover was with BCA for my last one too. Silly. buggers came and picked it up at 7pm on a rainy October night. Watched him pour over the car getting soaked, felt sorry for him he missed a slight curbed rim and I little ding (obviously forgot to tell him).
Oh dear imagine forgetting :) .Read up on the rules and looks like small dents < 10mm are acceptable as with scratches.
Felt like my guy was looking for showroom condition. Always worth disputing. Liking my Cupra Ateca and will probably go same again. Enjoy before we
go all electric in 2030!!

Reactions: AndyP
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members