Throttle body replacement

Jamesb9811

Nov 12, 2018
Had a slight scare with the car yesterday, had been using it fine all day and then went out to go to the shops and the EPC light and engine management light was on. Absolutely no power either, would press the accelerator pedal and the car would do absolutely nothing and was also shaking violently. I also had a start stop error on the dash. Most dealerships that I phoned which were open due to the current situation were extremely unhelpful so managed to phone SEAT assistance who sent someone out within an hour. Guy knew straight away with the symptoms that the car was having that the throttle body had went and that's exactly what it was, replaced it right at my house and I was good to go, he actually said it was quite a common problem and the part he replaced it with was slightly more robust and durable.

Just curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem and also posting for anyone who might be having the same issue as that could very well be what it is. Still find it very strange for it to happen on a 1 and half old car with 13k miles but suppose anything can happen.

Olsun

May 10, 2019
I've had similar experience with my ibiza to long time ago. I have a dsg ibiza this started first with a error on start stop which I ignored by turning it off. After a week epc light and engine light came on with my dsg lamps also flashing. I literally could not drive anywhere with the car. I put it into gear it would not drive or go anywhere. Seat assistance came towed the car to seat dealership. They found out the issue was my dsg mechatronic the brain of the gearbox. They switched it with new one luckily my car still had new car warranty. But it baffles me how the symptons start the same way first start stop error. Then esp light

Skickat från min J9210 via Tapatalk

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
I have recently posted that I am getting an EPC warning and lack of power. Still driveable but lacking the usual power. I called my dealer and was told they have had a few of these after the lockdown and it's due to the Turbo Siezing. Its due to go in next week. Apparently any engine issue stops the Start Stop from working so not actually a start stop problem.

Jamesb9811

Nov 12, 2018
I have recently posted that I am getting an EPC warning and lack of power. Still driveable but lacking the usual power. I called my dealer and was told they have had a few of these after the lockdown and it's due to the Turbo Siezing. Its due to go in next week. Apparently any engine issue stops the Start Stop from working so not actually a start stop problem.

Yeah mines was unable to be driven at all, would press the accelerator and the revs would increase by like 150 rpm and that was with the pedal pushed down a good bit, it also felt like the car was about to stall out, very shaky and rough sounding. I was very surprised at someone coming out within an hour and having it fixed within 30 minutes. Was excellent service.

Reactions: ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
Obviously no way to know if its a variaition on the same issue or not. Though as mine can drive and has lack of power I can accept it is the turbo and not the throttle. I suspect you got the call out because you couldn't drive it where I can. But again I haven't called Seat just my local dealer. As crazy as it sounds I'm looking forward to going as a day out lol, thats what lockdown does to you lol

Reactions: Jamesb9811
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise