Thumbs up for SEAT Newbury

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I got the joyous sight of a yellow light on the dash last week, so I thought it would be worth getting it checked to be 100% that it was the MAF. True to form it was, and the despite the car being far from standard the delaership at Newbury agreed to put a new one in under warranty. There is a new chap on the service desk who doesn't seem to think that modifications are the work of the devil, and so I now have a new MAF which should have been £91 for NOWT.

Got my 3rd splitter fitted at the same time, and I was out and back on the road by 08:35am this morning after having arrived there at 08:10.

Well done to them.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I got the joyous sight of a yellow light on the dash last week, so I thought it would be worth getting it checked to be 100% that it was the MAF. True to form it was, and the despite the car being far from standard the delaership at Newbury agreed to put a new one in under warranty. There is a new chap on the service desk who doesn't seem to think that modifications are the work of the devil, and so I now have a new MAF which should have been £91 for NOWT.

Got my 3rd splitter fitted at the same time, and I was out and back on the road by 08:35am this morning after having arrived there at 08:10.

Well done to them.

LOL it's friday they wanted to get finished early ;) :hide:

Cupra_power

torque ain't cheap
Nov 1, 2004
the burbs...
Must agree, Had some warranty work done on mine two weeks ago by Newbury and was quite impressed with the service. No hassle , done quickly. So things are looking up at Newbury SEAT. They do seem good for warranty work but are damn expensive for any other work.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
make sure you do a full month ECU reset so it'll readdapt to the new MAF

unplug the battery for 10 mins when cold & throttle body reset too