Time to trade in/be sensible? What is high mileage?

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
Pondering what to do with my Leon Cupra. 2001 model with 120k on the clock.

As per my other thread, the 'ear' engine mount has sheared off the block. This can be fixed with an aftermarket bracket. The cambelt etc will need replacing at the same time (it's still running but was scoured as a result of the engine shifting position).

So:

Aftermarket bracket (inc shipping from US): £70
New belt etc inc labour: £300
General fixing of bracket labour: £150 ?

So let's say £500. It's at a main dealer right now so rounding up !!!

I'm wondering if given the mileage on the Cupra it is time to 'go sensible' and trade in for something along the lines of a Ford Focus. (Enough of a fix could be enacted on the car to P/X it)

I'm not sure what mileage on the Leon Cupra's is thought to be 'that time'.

Any advice?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'd just fix it for £500 & carry on racking the miles up.... if you don't it won't be worth much at all

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale
I would get rid but its personal choice £500 on a car with that mileage. For me is too much if you can gaurantee no more "major money" soonish then go for it.

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
I would stick, you've got a car you know (and dare I say "love") and £500 to keep it going would offset the purchase of a new motor. My 2p!

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
keep it,mines on a 116k now and its starting to show its age but its worth sod all to anybody else so im keeping mine untill it wont move and the wheels fall off!:lol:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise