Top Gear

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I dont think there was, as the program came back after the MK1 LC had been released. However when they tested new Golf GTi they had a GTi power lap board and it was second the Civic R and above the new GTi.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I can't remember a test as such but I recall VBH hurtling round a track with one back wheel in the air and squealing with joy … or was that a dream!

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
ive seen a 5th gear were its the lcr vs civic type r vs focus rs:
focus rs won best track lcr won bst road and civic type r won best all round fun

cojjer

old enough to know better
Sep 28, 2005
Leicester innit
Tiff Needell (for Fifth Gear) test drove the LCR, together with a CTR and Focus RS. Stood up quite well, although he raved about the CTR for track purposes at least.

rickmyster

May 9, 2005
see i dont see my lcr as a "track car" not saying it won't ever see 1 but i just dont see it as 1.

i'm sure jermey clarkson said last series if ya want a vw buy a seat or summit to that affect?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
it was designed as a road car. i always felt the rear was too bouncy for track etc... but its so modable.... better suspension and a chip and its pretty track friendly imo. still to drive on a track tho:cry: so no real knowledge....

one day........( anyone else dream of being lined up next to bill on the front row at brands hatch :help:

kjf

May 11, 2001
Wigan, Lancs
Visit site
yeah that's right VBH tested an ovni yellow LC back in 2000 - to a soundtrack by Santana...I had already ordered my LC and watched the tape over & over - sad or what?!

hatchy

Seem to remember Clarkson test driving the original Leon Cupra way back.Sticks in my mind as it was around Weymouth and Portland(where I grew up) he was driving it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise