TopGear New CTR Vs ST Vs New LC

warren_cox

Back from the dead

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I've just looked at a copy in our local shop but I can't see anything about the Cupra in it, just the S3.:(

It looks as if it may be on the website first. Notice the picture of the Cupra in the 'What's in the Autocar car park today?' bit, with the comment "Yellow on the outside, but unbelievably black on the inside, this should appeal to ex-miners... "

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer, i called my mum as i knew she was out shopping. Just called me back from inside Tesco, to say there is no Cupra in the mag.

Seems an odd way to do business, put your review on the interweb for free, then put it in the mag next week when everyone has read it. :p

bsg_centurion_1152.jpg

I made it when they first came out to express my views!

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Personally I prefer the shape of mk1 LC/LCR over the mk2 as the shape is more q car and has a more agressive streak. I like however the shape of the new Leon and the Altea as its more alive than most euro boxes and the touran is just damn ugly and plain in comparison!

cuprarstu

Jan 8, 2006
Hertfordshire
AutoExpress have a one page summary of the Cupra in their 'First Drives' section in this weeks edition out today. Gave it 4 out of 5, generally positive. On factual error that I spotted when I quickly skim read it, they said standard equipment included ipod connection, which we know is not the case...........

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer thats right, its got a 3.5" jack plug, which technically means any mp3 player can be connected to it.

iPod connection kit allows the the headunit some control over the iPod for switching tracks.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT do the double DIN adaptor for their SatNav, means any Double DIN unit should go in there.

Someone posted a thread up the other day, where thy have converted their head unit. I've found an adaptor listed on CarAudioDiscount for new Leons too.

dsc026204hf.jpg

Full thread here

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.