Torred's 2001 Seat Leon 1.4S

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Well I bought a headunit today, the JVC KD-R311 today. Should arrive in the post in a couple of days. Saved a ton of money buying off ebay than i would have spent at halfrauds..I will post pics as soon as I get it installed.

Halfords - 96.96GBP including all adapters and wires.

Ebay - 38.10GBP - 4.58GBP Ebay Voucher = 33.52GBP including all wires and adapters.

Saved 63.44GBP, good buy I say! Fitting is free as my partner can do it! BARGAIN!

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Got the headunit installed today, ended up with the JVC KD-R311. Saved a ton by buying it off ebay, arrived in excellent condition. I must say Im very impressed with the sound quality and how many settings it has to fine tune the sound. It appears to produce a much clearer/crisp sound than the Aura headunit, and seems to look much more tidy in the dash than the aura unit. I just dont have any radio use, only CD and AUX, I dont have the right arial connection, but thats fine with me cos the main reason I bought it was to play my ipod, also doesnt have any preset buttons, but again doesnt bother me cos i dont have radio use. Oh yea, it has a LOUD setting like my Aura unit did, except the new one sounds better!

Only have one problem, it seems to lose its sound settings everytime i turn it off and back on, and its a real pain in the arse to reset them everytime, anyone have any suggestions?

Piccy time!!

jvc1.jpg

jvc.jpg

Last edited:

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Guessing you just plugged it into the standard wiring? Iirc, you need to swap a couple of pins/wires on the iso adaptor for it to keep settings

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Should have got an adaptor in order for you to plug the hed unit into the standard wiring, yes? Well a couple of pins/wires need to be changed on there

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Lol I have an Ibiza 1.4 S so I'm with you there matey.
Need to give mine a good clean on the weekend as well. I did last weekend but the SCN stickers I had did not like it, as one came off and the other loosened up :/

Jan 24, 2011
Looks nice debadged mate :D Yellow and red connectors may need swapping on loom mate, my alpine stereo lost settings on power cycle and that sorted it. Yellow to red, red to yellow on mine fixed it. May want to double check though as yours is different.

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Looks nice debadged mate :D Yellow and red connectors may need swapping on loom mate, my alpine stereo lost settings on power cycle and that sorted it. Yellow to red, red to yellow on mine fixed it. May want to double check though as yours is different.

Yea, ive swapped the yellow and red, works now.

Deleted member 35176

Very tidy motor mate, looks goood, I were looking at these but thought go for an Ibiza for what i need it for, hope its doing you well