Tow Bar

chumsofmanutd

Jun 23, 2008
Staffordshire
Anyone recommend a good place to get a tow bar from for our cars? Looking at purchasing one or maybe a second hand one if I can find one. Have many people got them fitted?

chumsofmanutd

Jun 23, 2008
Staffordshire
Yea, I was looking at detachables too but was put off by the price! Think I'll just sacrifice the look and get a normal one if I can find a second hand one.

philjc99

Jul 20, 2009
Sleaford, Lincolnshire
Hi guys, i currently have a tow bar on my mk1 leon. im looking to get rid of it, and was gonna put it on ebay, but if anyone on here wants it then i'll happily sell it. need to get it taken off first though lol

tomb_smith

@ Philjc99 - if you still have that tow bar for sale, I'll take it off you....

audiotech1986

depending where you are in the UK.... but i found a good company for my MK4 ibiza £120 all in. company is called towrite in SE england

doctor rage

Oct 22, 2008
Co Durham
I got a detachable towbar for towing my trailer & mx bike. I think it cost me about £130 from towsure off the net. it says it doesn't fit the cupra but it does cos I've fitted it.

doctor rage

Oct 22, 2008
Co Durham
detachable cupra towbar

Finally here are some pictures of my detachable towbar if I can get them to work!:confused:

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

Last edited:

doctor rage

Oct 22, 2008
Co Durham
there we are, yes it was the IMG thing I needed.

After cutting the bumper to fit the towbar, I just cut a little alloy plate to fit around it and cover the unsightly hole, and then sprayed it all up the same colour as the car to make it all less noticeable. It's the best set up I could figure out while trying not to make my car look total $hit!

Tom7

I wanted one for my mountain bikes an mx bike but i'm not cuttin up my bumper! Looks like i'll keep relying on mates haha!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.