Trade in deals.....

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Evening all.......

After spending 3 hours cleaning and polishing my Leon Cupra for a potential buyer on Friday night only to be let down by a no show I decided to not let a well polished and clean car go to waste. So, off I went to my local Seat dealers to see what the best trade in deal I could get against a new FR TFSI.

I am trying to sell the car privately and may be optimistic for 8-8500 for a 2004 Cupra with 45k on the clock but I didn't expect to be offered only £6750 trade in!!!!

Has anyone else had any shocking offers for their pride and joy from dealers?

I refuse to give in and will persevere with a private sale!

Oh, and if anyone has a 56 or 07 Emocion Red Leon FR TFSI with 18's and Bluetooth they fancy swapping for a nice 2004 Cupra, I am open to offers ;-)

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
I just got £9500 for a 2004 (53) Leon Cupra R in average condition from an Internet broker against a new Golf GTI. I reckon you should aim for £7.5K minimum.

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks for the info - much appreciated.......... I think 6750 was an insult tbh....

I have had an offer on a private sale for 7700 but I am holding out for 8000 - 8200 as I need all I can towards the FR!

Was toying with the idea of a Cupra R but the new shape grows on you!

marts

I got £8000 for My 04 Plate 1.9 TDI SE, with 46k on the clock, I was happy with that

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
You could try directseat.co.uk they gave me £10700 for my 54 plate cupra with £20k on the clock when glases guide reckoned on £9600.

They were very nice to deal with as well.

Got my new FR yesterday an loving it by the way:D done over a 100 miles so far and not actually been anywhere in particular!! :lol:

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks to all for the replies and the info.........best trade in offer I got was £7750 from a dealer against a new FR but just as I was going to accept, I sold my car the next day privately for £8200 which I was pleased with. Now waiting approx 14 days to pick up my new Emocion Red FR TFSI with 18's, Ipod and Bluetooth!

mrruss

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks mate! I must admit I was starting to doubt whether I was being realistic about the price I was asking, particularly as dealers were telling me it was worth £6750!

I know everyone is biased about their own cars but I had really looked after mine and there was no way I was going to see it go for less than I was happy with, no matter how much I wanted the FR!

It just goes to show that you should not give up and persevere.........I received what I considered a fair price for my car for both me and the buyer. I am happy knowing they have got a fantastic car which has been well looked after.

Will be sad to see it go this week but can't wait for my brand new FR.......

I was looking at an ex-demo with 5-6000 on the clock on a 56 plate but managed to get a cracking deal from a dealer who matched the best internet price I got which was just over 16k for an FR petrol with 18's, Bluetooth and Ipod connection. Ordered mudflaps today and they are fitting them for £75 which I was happy about too! Roll on next week!

johnvx220

May 10, 2007
Plymouth
There are so many cars out there. I had a moment of madness and brought a 6 month old Nissan x-trail 2.2 SVE sat nav, leather and a lots of toys. Paid privatly 6K less than the new price. A year later, (the car was only 18 months old) sold privately for 13.5k. In autotrader for 6 weeks. The stealer - not Plymouth Seat was going to give me 11.5k with no discount for the new Leon. Thats a loss of 12.5K in 18 months. Some dealers should wear masks and have guns and at least that would be more honest.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.