Trip computer resetting itself

MidnightBlack245

Oct 4, 2020
I’ve been driving the missus’ Ibiza (67 plate FR) for a few months and I’ve noticed on random occasions, when I get in the car, but don’t put the key in, the clock is set to 12:00. Then when the engine is started, the trip computer is reset back to 0. Is this just a software update or something as simple?

RoadRunnerRik

Dec 9, 2017
Lucky for me that I'm not the only one with this annoying problem. Recently my virtual cockpit has gotten an update by the seat dealer because a recall action. Unfortunately this update didn't fix the annoying clock and trip problem. Now they are guessing that the media unit causes this problem.

Which media unit sits in your Ibiza?

DigiMagic

Apr 14, 2017
I've had a similar issue in my 2017 Ibiza - after working fine for a couple of years, the clock started to jump to some random time every few days. I didn't notice any regularity in when it happened and to what time it jumped. The date would stay correct. The dealer fixed it by putting new software for the radio (... if I remember correctly ... definitely was new software for something). I have 6.5" radio, classical cockpit.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.