tussle with a civic type R

tackleberry

300+ spanish donkeys yeha
Jun 25, 2005
Ross on Wye
I had a play with a (54) civic type R the other day and i was impressed with how i did. He came right up behind me straight after a roundabout so i decided to give it some at the next one. He had the same idea.
I wasn't even going that way but thought what the hell. I was a bit slow on the uptake and he accelerated before me but to my surprise i started to pull away. I was so chuffed as i had a passenger and he didn't. Anyway about 3 miles later i had pulled about 4 car lengths on him at about 140 ish. As my last chance to get off the duel carriageway came i put my hazards on and got an appreachiate nod with a slightly pissed off face :lol:

My car has revo, miltek cat back exhaust and the rest of the usuals
All on a private track i would like to add :whistle:

May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
:lol: , Subaru WRX was my last There was nothing in it. Not a cats whisker, not sure on the spec of them though, confuse me with their many power outputs :confused: But it did have an exhaust for sure. Not had a blast with a Type R for a long time. Strange as they seem to be everywhere..

bazza1000

Jun 2, 2005
Leicestershire
Excellent!

I raced a uk impreza wrx off the lights a few months ago - he pulled up next to me and started revving his car. We both shot off, and I could see him keep double taking at my car (imagine he thought he was going to eat my little ibiza), managed to pull a car length in front of him before the end of the stretch.

Now the temps have dropped outside our turbos will be loving it!

tackleberry

Jun 25, 2005
Ross on Wye
speaking of cold weather i did some vagcom logs this very very cold morning with my block temp 87 my intake temp went as low as 3c. when my block was cold intake temps were 1c and 2c :-o

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
LOL Daz, i chased a scooby home from work the other day, nice cold night, i sat in the car park waiting for the car to warm up, got out on the road, did a few miles, happily enjoying myself, when Mr WRX flew past, ooooh i thought!!

Pulled out, and chased the bugger, sat on his bumper even though he floored it, until he pulled over, i looked over as i passed, and he looked away!

LOL

It was modded abit too! Hee hee, and the scoobies thought cossies and evo's were their play mates!!

flashbsd

nice one, i had an 05 plate wrx yesterday, and he had a very pi$$ed look on his face too :D

obviously either doesnt know how to drive a turbo, or he had a problem :) either way he couldnt keep up :thumbup:

i bet the CTR was revvin the bits out of it too!

tackleberry

Jun 25, 2005
Ross on Wye
i had a little play with an evo 7 fq 300 too. He pulled about 2 car lengths on me. Before i even looked in to buying my Ibiza i always thought whats the point in a 1.8 t engine, why not put a 2lt in what a waste of time. Then my mate took me out in his KO3s Ibiza now i see why they are popular. A true wolf in sheep's clothing.

flashbsd

i think a remap is enough for me, already see to wheel spin, so that renders 1st useless, 2nd i get spin on the slightest bump in road, 3rd in the wet and sometimes 4th :suprised:

plus i think revo with its increased pressure is enough for the engine if its to last ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.