Tyre Pressures

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Just wondering if Im putting the right pressure into my tyres.

I pump the fronts to 32psi and the rears to 30psi (sticker is missing from fuel cover & I have no manuals to hand).

Im on 205/40/17 tyres.

Reason I ask is that my near side tyre is badly (almost down to the beading) worn on the inside and fine everywhere else.
I know thats down to tracking, but want to make sure im putting the right pressure in as im going to take it for a replacment tyre in the morning.

Im going to get a part worn for the time being as I was going to replace the front tyres at the start of next month anyway (T1Rs) and have the tracking done.
But as im skint due to the problem with my brakes, im going to have to make do with a part worn.

Cheers!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
The sticker that would of been on the inside of your fuel cover would be no good anyway as your running 17's not 16's so the pressure would have to be different anyway...

the maximium ammout of tire pressure is on the sidewall of the tyre anyway...

but there is a thread on here somwhere about what pressure everyone uses...

I have 205/40/R17's, I usually do about 35psi all round.

Although my tyres often look flat! My mate does 45psi all round which has to be excessive im sure!

Really wouldn't advise part worn tyres on these cars mate, can you not scrape together the extra for the T1r's, it can't be too much more?

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Cheers for the advice.:)

Sean, really couldnt stretch for the T1Rs.. and wouldnt be able to get them off the shelf for a decent price round here.

I went for a new tyre in the end (Maxxis MA V1) - nothing special, the cheapest one I could get infact, will do until I get new Toyos next month - I just cant afford it this month due to forking out on the brakes.

The tracking was way out, so I had that done whilst I was there on a laser alignment machine.

It feels better to drive now anyway, just glad I decided to do my brakes when I did, I wouldn't have noticed the tyre otherwise, would have been a deathtrap in another 100 miles or so.:-o

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.