Under drivers seat

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
Hi all.
Could anyone tell me what the box under the drivers seat is.
I have a basic spec 2020 face lift Ateca, no heated seats, no electric seats, and I have seen on SEAT Atecas that there can be a storage drawer under there.
That doesn't seem to be the case with my car.
Any idea what it is or what's in there, it doesn't seem removable.

Tell

Staff member
I believe this will be a power amplifier. Your fancy amp that is driven off the back of the infotainment system. VW had these but Seat were late to the party. I did research all this for someone once but they didn't have it as it turned out but you have found the box I reckon. I think you can access it and have a look from my reading before.... Beats and Sound amp.

The thing with the brackets on in the picture it gets placed under the carpet under the driver / passengrr side (ignore the advert):

ateca-chris

Jun 7, 2021
I believe this will be a power amplifier. Your fancy amp that is driven off the back of the infotainment system. VW had these but Seat were late to the party. I did research all this for someone once but they didn't have it as it turned out but you have found the box I reckon. I think you can access it and have a look from my reading before.... Beats and Sound amp.

The thing with the brackets on in the picture it gets placed under the carpet under the driver / passengrr side (ignore the advert):
Thanks for the reply.
I don't have an up-rated sound system so all I can guess is that the box is there for those that do, I guess mine would be empty.
I was just curious, thanks.

Tell

Staff member
Thanks for the reply.
I don't have an up-rated sound system so all I can guess is that the box is there for those that do, I guess mine would be empty.
I was just curious, thanks.
The cubby boxes under the seats are quite expensive that they leave off the cars these days. You have to take the seat out to fit them. You can find the Ateca part number for them. Decided against that project on the passenger side. Drivers side of 2016 Ateca Xcellence came with one, nothing on the passenger side. Not that big, couple of glass cases, charger etc and that's your lot. Ateca was always short on bins. Use to remind me of a modern German hotel room. Toys out on the floor.