Upgraded alloys & seat covers !

Jun 1, 2022
Hi guys,

Get my V2 Born next week and am genuinely looking forward to it. My first EV ! When a fill up in my old car hit £100, it was time for a change ! LOL

The two things I would like are ungraded 20" alloys (as I don't like my 19" V2 alloys), and a decent seat cover as my work clothes do tend to get dirty.

If you are in the UK and for any reason don't like your 20's and would prefer 19's, get in touch, and maybe we could agree a swap !

Obviously with the car being so new my googling hasn't produced many results, so if you can help or suggest anything with regards wheels or seat covers I'd be grateful.

Ive even googled VW id3 upgraded aftermarket alloys (I assume the fit would be the same as the Born), which again didn't produce many results.

Reactions: Syphon

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Any VAG (so Audi/VW/SEAT etc) group 20" rim will have the correct bolt pattern on it (5 x 112mm PCD). Centre bore can vary but if the replacement wheels have a larger bore spigot rings will sort that out. What you need to pay attention to is rim width and offset. Of course you'll have a lower profile tyre most likely - and thus a firmer ride. You may be better off getting an alternative 19" rim.

Have a look here https://www.willtheyfit.com/ and here https://www.wheel-size.com/size/cupra/born/2022/.

Just noticed - a tightening torque of 140Nm for the Born - that's higher than most SEATs. My Ateca is 110Nm.

Jun 1, 2022
Cheers guys !

Anyone recognise these alloys ? They are just the sort of thing I'm after !

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 12.54.44.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 12.54.44.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 122

daern

Mar 1, 2022
UK

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I believe that's the (unreleased and unconfirmed) ID.3 R on 21" alloys. I think that image is just a render too.
21" on a car the same size as a VW Golf.

Alloy wheel sizes are getting ridiculous.

I have no idea why either as the roads are getting worse

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Cheers guys !

Anyone recognise these alloys ? They are just the sort of thing I'm after !
Yes, I recognise them - they’re the optional 17” VW Bonneville alloys available on the pre-facelift current generation VW Polo. I think they were also produced as an 18” for the Passat. Not aware a 20” version was ever made, but then pretty much any size alloys can be shown on a rendered image like the one attached to your post.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.