Uprated calipers

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Anyone know the biggest calipers I can fit on the mk5 5 without too much messing about? Currently got my 8n TT v6 ones on it (312mm iirc, 2 piece) but trying to work out which 4 pots fit for better pedal feel & heat dispersion. I see the mk4 cupra r came with 305mm brembo junior 4 pots which should fit BUT smaller. Found part numbers & pricing for these as an option but don't really want to go smaller if I can help it. Leon ones won't fit under my 16s as slightly too big. Does anyone know if the AP ones will fit under a 16" wheel or not. Looks like they were standard on some (they certainly weren't on mine but may have seized up as see its common)? Reading conflicting info online with some saying they will but depends on factory setup, some saying they won't & others saying they need a spacer. Don't mind running a spacer but don't really want to buy another set of wheels plus 8 tyres
Cheers

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
But the bullet and ordered ANOTHER set of wheels just to give more options. Will probably opt for some 6 pots and save titting about. Going to have a collection of uprated spare parts for yet another car at this rate

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members