urgent fan problem:(

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
so i have problems with my fans they wont go off:confused: and aircon dosen`t work. it`s one that had the same problem as my but if someone can help me to get the part number for so i can fix the problem my self as i asked the for a prize to fix it and they sad 780£:wtf: so i want to try to do it on my own.the fans makes some noice to
so trinary switch is the part i need part number on
the other thread with the same problem
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=246365

so hope someone can help me with this. mr_D sad "left of the radiator as you look at the car is a plug. unplug that and that should stop your fans kicking in when you turn it off. !
do someone have a picture off where it is?

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
From looking at ETKA I would say thats the wrong unit, the part number you need is 1J0919506G. The E seems to be for the diesels.

Do you know what your engine code is? Just so that I can verify

20vtwy

Sep 29, 2007
Halifax
I have just replaced this part and its not easy, you can either take the front end off or struggle by just taking the battery off as it is under the n/s headlight, you need a 10mm ratchett? spanner and loads and loads of patience as it is only 2 nuts and 2 plugs.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
I have just replaced this part and its not easy, you can either take the front end off or struggle by just taking the battery off as it is under the n/s headlight, you need a 10mm ratchett? spanner and loads and loads of patience as it is only 2 nuts and 2 plugs.

thanks need to take a look to find it then:Dyou had the same problem as me? that fans stay on for 10min after you had started the car?

Last edited:

20vtwy

Sep 29, 2007
Halifax
thanks need to take a look to find it then:Dyou had the same problem as me? that fans stay on for 10min after you had started the car?

No i had the opposite problem, they didnt come on at all and the car kept over heating, i tried the cheaper option first (fan switch) but that didnt work, wasnt sure replacing this would work but it did.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
No i had the opposite problem, they didnt come on at all and the car kept over heating, i tried the cheaper option first (fan switch) but that didnt work, wasnt sure replacing this would work but it did.

hmmm are this part cheap? maybe i should change the fan switch as my problem is that the wont go off:think:

20vtwy

Sep 29, 2007
Halifax
1J0919506G I paid £70 from local TPS.

Just pulled out my car file to get this info then thought i would clear it out to discover my mot ran out on 29th Decemeber... ooops. Better still this made my other half question his so off he went to come back saying his ran out on 12th November. So really we owe you a big thanks cos i would never of thought of it and he definatley wouldn't.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
1J0919506G I paid £70 from local TPS.

Just pulled out my car file to get this info then thought i would clear it out to discover my mot ran out on 29th Decemeber... ooops. Better still this made my other half question his so off he went to come back saying his ran out on 12th November. So really we owe you a big thanks cos i would never of thought of it and he definatley wouldn't.

glad i could help:Dbut you have helped me alot to since we don`t have seat dealershio here anymore and vw/audi dealer could not find the parts:think:

kingtiger

Hey, I don't mean to be rude but check the fuse box from the engine bay first. I had the same problem but it turned out to be a problem with the fuse box itself.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
Hey, I don't mean to be rude but check the fuse box from the engine bay first. I had the same problem but it turned out to be a problem with the fuse box itself.

hey mate you are not rude:Dall my fuses are okey but the problem can be the fusebox:think:if i take the fuse out it stops and dont start again when i put the fuse back in.but when i turn the ignition on it starts again and wont go off befor after 5-10min:blink:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.