Useful info or not...

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Hi guys.
Some of you may know this already, so apologies if you do, but I thought I'd post anyway.
I recently had to disconnect the battery on my 2018 FR. When it was reconnected I got loads of fault codes... ECS, Front assist not available, TPMS not available, steering angle sensor and a couple of others on Obdeleven. None of which could be cleared.
After my initial panic I took it for a drive and it seemed to recalibrate and everything is fine now. Cleared faults on obdeleven, rescanned and all clear.
Hopefully someone might find this useful and not panic like I did.

Last edited:
Reactions: chouffe

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Hi guys.
Some of you may know this already, so apologies if you do, but I thought I'd post anyway.
I recently had to disconnect the battery on my 2018 FR. When it was reconnected I got loads of fault codes... ECS, Front assist not available, TPMS not available, steering angle sensor and a couple of others on Obdeleven. None of which could be cleared.
After my initial panic I took it for a drive and it seemed to recalibrate and everything is fine now. Cleared faults on obdeleven, rescanned and all clear.
Hopefully someone might find this useful and panic like I did.
Run engine, turn steering wheel full left then full right. Turn ignition off and on all errors will be cleared. This is normal.

Last edited:

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I bought a device of eBay to get around this problem. It was basically an OBD2 connector with black and red battery leads and battery terminal clamps attacked. The idea being you plug the connector into the pink OBD2 diagnostic port under the driver's side dash and connect the clamps to a second car battery.

This way the car remains permanently connected to a 12V battery supply allowing disconnection of the battery under the bonnet and no loss of programming or stored data. It looks good although I've not used it yet.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.