Vag Com Has Stopped working.*** Now Sorted.***

J0N

Defected!
Everytime I try to do anything with Vag Com I get the message, 'VAG COM Has Stopped Working' and the program closes. I'm using release 409-1 with Vista and yes, I'm using a pikey eBay cable but it connects ok when I do the Com port test. I'm new to this and could do with a bit of advice.

Last edited:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Check that com ports matches, as some times when you insert the cable into a different usb port, windows reinstall a driver for it witha different com port number.

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
To delete any version VAG-COM, all you do is delete the folder. We don't mess with the registry. Can't say what your eBay cable suppliers driver does however.

As to the program stopping, version 409 was never written to run under Vista and is not Vista compatible. If you are not running in XP compatibility mode, the program is not going to run correctly - if at all.

Then, there may be an issue with your cable that causes the program to stop.

All I can say, is that none of these problems ever happened with our interfaces. But then we were not running Vista in those days. Current versions of VCDS are fully Vista and Windows 7 compatible but they require genuine Ross-Tech interfaces.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.