STOP/START ERROR

Tonythepony

Feb 5, 2023
I have had my Seat Leon mk 3 1.6 tdi for 2 years. Within the garage warranty period the stop/start system stopped working and the MSD showed a stop/start system error. The garage I bought it from had it in and they told me the sensor had gone and needed to be replaced. The system has worked fine with no problems for 20 months but in the last three weeks it has started to intermittently show an error and in the last 3 days it has never worked. I assume its the sensor again but when i have googled it there is no specific sensor as such. I know that system wont work if the temp is not right, seatbelt not plugged in etc but it has not been cold and i dont do just short runs and even shows an error after 45 mins drive on a mild day . Anybody know of the sensor I need or what the garage changed as it worked fine for 20 months ? Thanks all for any advice you may have ?

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
They probably changed the neutral position sensor. I've got a 2.0tdi so it mightno tbe the same but mine was under the airbox on the gearbox where the shift levers are. Turned out my issue was a broken wire close to the plug for the sensor.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.