Valuations

mar_cus

Cheers for all the replys!

I'm abit iffy on this now, i'm not sure if it will be worth it to wait and pick one up semi-modified for the same or less price!

As for the paint, it looks faded in that picture because of the sunlight hitting it in a certain way in the picture. It looks fine in some others...

Myki da Pyki, your comment is interesting and swaying me slightly! The only thing putting me off is the fact its not local...its a four hour drive away. So i don't fancy forking out £50 worth of diesel to get there and find out that its crap!

Do you think i should sit back and wait for something else to pop up? or should i go for this one and take the petrol risk and view it? Presuming i can get the price down to around the £3500 mark?

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
You've got to balance up the fact that there's a little bit of financial trouble at the minute making people alot more shy with their money when they have it and also the deals that are on new cars (vauxhalls 0% for 5yrs I think!) plus the possibility that the government could "pay" you to scrap your old car deal is making the 2nd hand car market a bit sticky at the minute. If you've got the cash and are willing to travel/search around you'll pick up a decent motor at a good price. From the glasses' it seems that the £3500 mark is about right as a start?? See what he says, do you know if he's had it a while?

mar_cus

You've got to balance up the fact that there's a little bit of financial trouble at the minute making people alot more shy with their money when they have it and also the deals that are on new cars (vauxhalls 0% for 5yrs I think!) plus the possibility that the government could "pay" you to scrap your old car deal is making the 2nd hand car market a bit sticky at the minute. If you've got the cash and are willing to travel/search around you'll pick up a decent motor at a good price. From the glasses' it seems that the £3500 mark is about right as a start?? See what he says, do you know if he's had it a while?

I don't know how long he has had it, but i know he has bought it from a elderly man in their town/village who owned it for 5 years, so i doubt it has been treated badly!

I think i need to sit back on this one possibly and maybe consider something more local?

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
2 prev owners, 1 old woman from new and an old man for the past 5 years! Proves it with the British heart foundation sticker! :lol:

Sorry just had another thought about this... does this not sound like a perfect history... did he say that they only drove it to the library and back:whistle:

I'm with Myki 4hrs is a tad far. If you're going to go that distance you are basically telling the dealer that you are gonna walk away with the car what ever, so they're not gonna budge.

mar_cus

Sorry just had another thought about this... does this not sound like a perfect history... did he say that they only drove it to the library and back:whistle:

I'm with Myki 4hrs is a tad far. If you're going to go that distance you are basically telling the dealer that you are gonna walk away with the car what ever, so they're not gonna budge.

Fair point, that makes perfect sense! Even if the car wasn't owned by 2 older people...its still have 46k on the clock :)

mar_cus

I think i've come to the decision that i'm going to give this one a miss! There are plenty more fish in the sea!

I've just popped across an Arctic Grey one now modified with 63k on the clocks. Up for £3500, the only thing wrong with it is that it has a slip in the clutch at the top end due to 284ft-lbs of torque!

I don't mind putting in the work, plus i like a good project! :D

Is it any ones on here?

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/891660.htm

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
imo this does look a lot better. Nice modds to start off with.

However yes here it comes, the clutch is not slipping because of those figures.

Those are still (relatively) low figures for these cupra. Means you really need a new clutch for this one I think.

If you're doing that get some off the price and fit a uprated clutch. A modd done by many on here.

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
I think i've come to the decision that i'm going to give this one a miss! There are plenty more fish in the sea!

I've just popped across an Arctic Grey one now modified with 63k on the clocks. Up for £3500, the only thing wrong with it is that it has a slip in the clutch at the top end due to 284ft-lbs of torque!

I don't mind putting in the work, plus i like a good project! :D

Is it any ones on here?

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/891660.htm

Wouldnt for a second believe the torque figures on that. 284lbft on a k03 hahaha i smell something, first word begins with "B" and the other "S"

mar_cus

imo this does look a lot better. Nice modds to start off with.

However yes here it comes, the clutch is not slipping because of those figures.

Those are still (relatively) low figures for these cupra. Means you really need a new clutch for this one I think.

If you're doing that get some off the price and fit a uprated clutch. A modd done by many on here.

True true :) I would want to do that anyway, so its a good excuse to get it done!

im sure the owner of that car is on here sumwhere, perhaps its worth trying to find out

hmm, but where do i start?!

Wouldnt for a second believe the torque figures on that. 284lbft on a k03 hahaha i smell something, first word begins with "B" and the other "S"

Possibly a typo? 184lbft maybe?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members