Vmr 710 19"

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Right first sorry if you sick to death of these:( bought some 19x8.5 ET35, long story short the front ones stuck out a fraction over the arches, manager to recoup my outlay:) Now really like these, but don't want to be caught again, will 19x8.5 with an ET45 fit inside the arches????
If anyone has these on a MK2 Leon please advise....
Tyre size ?
Lowering ?
any other relevent info ?

Many thanks Jinxy:D

Easiest way to make sure they will fit is spec them with a 225 tyre and stick toET42 as ur lowest.

As for "getting caught".... i believe you were advised on what combos would work but had already ordered them anyway.. so a bit pointless?

Last edited:

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
Easiest way to make sure they will fit is spec them with a 225 tyre and stick toET42 as ur lowest.

As for "getting caught".... i believe you were advised on what combos would work but had already ordered them anyway.. so a bit pointless?

when i said getting caught, i meant by my own fault:shrug: should have looked into it further before committing (which is what im tryna do now:)) how do you mean m8 spec them with 225 ET42 :confused::confused: remember your speaking to a auto-dingbat:D is that a site that does the calculations or summat:hide:

Cheers Jinxy

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
when i said getting caught, i meant by my own fault:shrug: should have looked into it further before committing (which is what im tryna do now:)) how do you mean m8 spec them with 225 ET42 :confused::confused: remember your speaking to a auto-dingbat:D is that a site that does the calculations or summat:hide:

Cheers Jinxy

hv4c2d.gif

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
I think he means make sure the offset is no lower than ET42 and make sure the tyres are no wider than 225, your old ones were ET38 and 235 :)

Hi Steve:D
my others were ET35, am going to get the ET45 and put 215 on as im going to be adding coilovers next week, gonna buy the VMRs brand new, then if they don't fit, i'll just return them and swap for 18"
Really, really hope these with the ET45 fit:blink:

Cheers Jinxy

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Hi Steve:D
my others were ET35, am going to get the ET45 and put 215 on as im going to be adding coilovers next week, gonna buy the VMRs brand new, then if they don't fit, i'll just return them and swap for 18"
Really, really hope these with the ET45 fit:blink:

Cheers Jinxy

They will fit if you go for that offset and combo.

i've just looked at mine today as had the front rim off due to pot hole damage

19 x 8... ET42 225/35/19 Falken Tyres. i am down 50mm on Eibach sportlines and the only rubbing i have is the odd scuff on the front when hittting big dips on the road fast

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
They will fit if you go for that offset and combo.

i've just looked at mine today as had the front rim off due to pot hole damage

19 x 8... ET42 225/35/19 Falken Tyres. i am down 50mm on Eibach sportlines and the only rubbing i have is the odd scuff on the front when hittting big dips on the road fast

Cheers m8, so you think the extra 3mm on the offset (higher than urs) will make up for the 8.5j width ? also do you think 225 will be ok or should i go 215 IYO ?
cheers Jinxy:D

its a slippery slope, once you start it costs you £££ i've got my leon to play with, the wifes TT and then there is a whole heap of money on want to spend on AV equipment, to top it off we apprently need new windows and a kitchen .... :)

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
its a slippery slope, once you start it costs you £££ i've got my leon to play with, the wifes TT and then there is a whole heap of money on want to spend on AV equipment, to top it off we apprently need new windows and a kitchen .... :)

:D:D:D:D might get out before im
i3yptv.gif

This started as alloys;)

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
Can I ask where you are buying the alloys from new please!? Thanks!

Was gonna buy them from reeva wheels on ebay for 730 delivered, but after numerous calls, just a mobile number, have thought better of it, so for now have just bought some dotz exile (below) very similar look/design same size 19x8.5, paid 570 brand new, then just bought 4x Falken 452 215/35/19 for 413 balanced and fitted, had a scout round the net and seems the Exile are a quality product and IMO look great, if i was gonna buy VMR's would prolly buy them from Niche conversions for £1000 delivered (choice of 3 colours) Cheers Jinxy:)
2mz02ep.jpg

9designs

Sep 21, 2002
Rugby
Visit site
Not sure what all the debate is about, sorry don't know the offset of mine, came fitted when I bought the car, but they are 235/35/19 and standard height etc and no rubbing.
Apologies if I've missed the point

Cupra1-web.jpg

Jinxy69

In the doghouse
Oct 25, 2010
215 tyre is gonna be slightly stretched on an 8.5 inch rim.

But more important.......what offset did you get??

215 is a subtle stretch from the info ive gathered from various sources m8, ET45:)

Not sure what all the debate is about, sorry don't know the offset of mine, came fitted when I bought the car, but they are 235/35/19 and standard height etc and no rubbing.
Apologies if I've missed the point

Cupra1-web.jpg

Looks good m8, if there 8.5j think your offset is above 45 ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.