water in the doors?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
hi and yes i know this has been abused to hell & back but this this sorta different...

while at the local car wash as i was inside and the car was getting wet i could hear water trickling down.. it sounded like it was trickling down between the drivers door panel and the insides of the door...

is this possible? the car is still under warranty.. how can i check to see if water is getting in places it shouldn't?

thanks!

(also when i put a dry window down sometimes it comes back up wet... anyone else notice this?)

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
ha....ha lol

soon as i heard this i opened the door. i saw water piss out (more like a limp piss) from the corner.... so i guess thats good...

not a very nice noise...

just remembered, does anyone get any wind noise from the window around 50/60mph? as if there is a small hole in the window?

JamJay

California Bound
It's a common fault. The seal inside the door is only sealant which seems to perrish rather quickly letting water build on your side skirt and oeverflow into your car. You need to rip the panel off and reseal. It depends on the dealer if this is warranty, some say wear & tear (Sidlow, cough w*****s cough but gone bust now :D), try your luck.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.