Water leak and locking problems

Altgr

Hello

I read all threads about water leaking but i dont finde any solutions for my problem.
Every day when is raining i have pool in my car. I take some pictures so you can see and help me with idea how to solve my problem with water leak. Problem is on booth doors but i take only pictures from passanger doors. The RED line is mark where water stay.That BROWN is silicone that i put with idea to stop water but water is still coming from somewhere. :cry:

Second problem is locking and unlocking on passanger side. When i take off plasic cover(you will see plastic cover in my gepect,sorry i dont know word on english) on door everything work fine.Maybe i make some mistake when i put plastic cover on my door,and than something blocking knob??When is plastic cover on i cant unlock door from inside or opet from uotside but when cover is off everything works great.

I put pictures so please help me:

2ngegjt.jpg
2ugo581.jpg

w9hfrm.jpg
w7c044.jpg

30bk2tg.jpg
15cy63s.jpg

2yye9ew.jpg
f0ygkx.jpg

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english :(
Best Regards
Altgr

Seat Toledo
1999.5 TDI
Engine: ALH

Last edited by a moderator:

KTF

I dont know about the locking problem but the first thing I would do is loosen the internal door panel slightly then reseal the whole bottom section of the door, not just the bit near the speaker, on both sides of the internal panel to ensure a good seal.

Then after it has dried I would suggest sitting in the car and have someone hose down the door section to see if any water still comes in and if it does to see where it is coming from.

Altgr

Thank you for your help

I put silicone today on whole bottom section of the door,but water is still coming on my carpets through internal panel (the same situation like on picture WATER LAKE)..

:cry::cry:

KTF

Can you see where it is leaking in from if you sit inside the car whilst someone hoses it from the outside?

Have you also checked the rear doors for leaks as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

Altgr

Rear doors are dry,so they are ok, problem is in driver and passanger doors,i cant se where is leaking but i can see when water start to coming on my carpets. I will take tomorow few pictures so you will see how water coming inside.

Thank you for your help
Best regards ;)

Toledo Steve

Apr 20, 2006
Rain Slots

Cut 5mm wide slots in the rubber seal at the lower front and rear of each door aperture. Rain water collects on top of the seal and runs into the car. If you cut the slots the water can run away to outside. I did this 2 years ago and car has been dry since then. It is not the "high tech" solution but it worked for my car.

Altgr

Hello

Thank you for your help :)

I will try your solution but i crashed my tolly yesterday :cry::cry: so my car is in garage now and waiting for repair :cry:

Stupid rain and wet road...

Toledo Steve

Apr 20, 2006
Hello

Thank you for your help :)

I will try your solution but i crashed my tolly yesterday :cry::cry: so my car is in garage now and waiting for repair :cry:

Stupid rain and wet road...
Just an additional.....feel up under the door lower edge, you will find a rubber seal....in between its lips are( more slime than a hippocrocoslags fanny, so have a cleaning rag with you) the drain holes for the door interior.....make sure these are clear and also cut slots here as well just to make sure they stay clear and to give uninterrupted egress for the water, dont cut too far or too big a slot, a very sharp craft knife is ideal. OOps perhaps you need to check the site for best tyres, like most cars there ,s an ideal tyre for wet conditions, if you live in the North, best to go for the wet one, in the South a different one, things like Bridgestone and the others made in the Far East will have a rubber mix that is best for warmer climes and hence a bit more slippery in the cold/wet conditions here.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise