Water leak behind glove compartment

NorthBelfast1

Jul 11, 2015
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for a bit of help with my 05' Seat Alhambra. There's water leaking down behind the glove compartment and filling up on the floor at the passenger side, and was wondering if anyone could give suggestions on how to fix this problem?thanks.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
I'm not familiar with the layout of the Alhambra but I'd first look under the scuttle panel, you might want to take off the windscreen wipers to get easy access. You might have the cabin filter housing there in fornt of the passenger position and that can be a source of water ingress. Also check the drainage holes, they can get clogged which will back up the water forcing it to find other ways out.

On the other side in front of the drivers position you might as well check the wiring loom passage into the cabin, but that would not let water go into the passenger side.

Last edited:

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
This is caused by the rear window washer. When you press the switch to clear the back window the pump at the front sends water to the back window via a plastic pipe. Just at the top of the passenger footwell ( you will have to feel for it) is located the plastic pipe and there is a join in the pipe right at this location (just a push fit) so you will need to re attach the pipe to the connector to stop the water leak.

NorthBelfast1

Jul 11, 2015
Thanks for the replies. I have already ruled out the rear window washer, and the drainage holes as causing the problem. However, I will replace the cabin filter and see if this fixes it.thank you.

NorthBelfast1

Jul 11, 2015
An up date on my problem I've changed my cabin filter and still have the leak,can someone tell me do the wee clips break down on the heated front window and water by pass them thanks.

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
Would not have thought it would come through the screen clips. Has the screen ever been replaced and refitted/re sealed badly. Can you try trickling water (not soaking) over various parts of the car to try to figure out where the water may be coming from.

NorthBelfast1

Jul 11, 2015
Seen the leak coming down behind the blower box at the back of the glovebox but can't seem to get the blower box out is it a big job to remove it thanks

Felix.

Jun 20, 2008
I had something similar on mine. It turned out to be a leak on the top of the windscreen rubber seal. The water was getting in at the top, running down the side of the windscreen and into the car at the bottom. I cleaned it out and sealed it with silicone - never looked back

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members