Water leak diagnosed. Which garage?

shimsham

I have isolated the cause of my water leak to be the pollen filter but it has gone too far for me to fix. The insulation around it is sodden and preventing the filter cover from fitting properly. Can anyone recommend a garae in the Reading area that will fix this? Maybe it is best to go to the stealers on this?

LeedsLeon

May 18, 2006
Leeds
Really? Although the cover has a fairly soft rubber bit along the back edge I wouldn't have thought it would soak up water.

I had the same problem after some idiot serviced mine and fit the cover over the water duct, directing water straight into the pollen filter and the fan.

I just removed it and carefully slotted it back in place. It's only 2 screws and a bit of fiddling.

I have every confidence you could sort it!

shimsham

It is the yellowey mustard coloured stuff that should be stuck to the bulkhead above the pollen filter. You probably wouldn't see it unless you had my problem but you could feel it if you put your hand up at that point. I have found a recomendation on another VAG forum fro a guy near me who says he does them all the time and has quoted me a resonable price. If he does a good job, i'll gladly recommend him on here.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.