water methanol????????

deedaskrh

Mar 20, 2009
St Helens
Hi all,

just a quick thread need to ask a bone question.

can some please explain to me what water methanol injection is? what it does? what results do you get from it? and errr how much does it cost?

ive just heard the term bounded about abit and im curious..........might be interested if its anygood

cheers

ste

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Helps reduce inlet charge/combustion temps.

In diesel engines, Meth helps engine burn more of the diesel fuel thus reducing smoke and producing more power.

For petrol engines, will reduce knocking by raising octane level of fuel - you have higher compression ratios before detonation.

http://www.methanol-injection.co.uk/

Progressive kit is £285, and they can fit for around £80 to £100.

I had quote for my toledo 1.9tdi of £420 to fit progressive kit with a tank in the boot.

deedaskrh

Mar 20, 2009
St Helens
is it not destructive to the engine tho i mean although it doesnt do the same thing as NOS it sounds a lil agressive

whats its long term effects on the engine?

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
is it not destructive to the engine tho i mean although it doesnt do the same thing as NOS it sounds a lil agressive

whats its long term effects on the engine?

Can alcohol/water injection damage my motor?
Not if installed and used properly. As long as the injection system is working properly, it can only do good things. Since the alcohol will dissolve carbon buildup, It will help keep your plugs, valves, and combustion chambers very clean.

quote from FAQ

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
stage 2 kit is £289inc vat
fitting is dependant on spec and what the customer wants tank wise etc

adjustment to ecu (petrol 1.8t on me7) is part of the install.
hourly rate is £45/hour+vat

tzockonne

stage 2 kit is £289inc vat
fitting is dependant on spec and what the customer wants tank wise etc

adjustment to ecu (petrol 1.8t on me7) is part of the install.
hourly rate is £45/hour+vat

shall I take it this would be the cost for a kit? or would it be different on a diesel?

tzockonne

thnaks for all the info. sound interesting and I'll prob give you a quick call over the next couple of weeks with a few more questions....