We have launch control! (VZ models, anyway)

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Found it in the manual. Works pretty great! Even on the Hybrid VZ

1. Engine has to have reached steady state temperature
  2. Go to Cupra mode
  3. Press the "ESC Off" button to go to ESC Sport mode
  4. Keep the brake depressed and simultaneously press the throttle
    "Launch Control program active" will pop up on the dash, and RPMs will go to 2k (ish)
  5. Release the brake
  6. Profit
For some reason I have not seen this mentioned on here. Sorry if it's been mentioned before.

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
It does work, but it does seem a bit of a faff to have to get it into launch control mode. When you want it, I hoped there would be a quicker way, than scrolling through menus to turn it on ... the guy you want to leave standing ... has already left you eating his dust when you finally engage it ;);) ;-) ;-)

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
I noticed it there in the 150 V1 DSG I drove but, being FWD, not much happened 😂

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
It does work, but it does seem a bit of a faff to have to get it into launch control mode. When you want it, I hoped there would be a quicker way, than scrolling through menus to turn it on ... the guy you want to leave standing ... has already left you eating his dust when you finally engage it ;);) ;-) ;-)
No scrolling of menus needed though. Hold the Cupra button for 1 second, press the ESC off button on the centre dash - thats it :flag:

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
No scrolling of menus needed though. Hold the Cupra button for 1 second, press the ESC off button on the centre dash - thats it :flag:
Alas no Cupra button on the non VZ (even though still have launch control). So, when you press the Cupra button (on the VZ), does the screen change on the dash to the driving aids screen? On non VZ, can flick to SPORT mode, but the centre dash does not change

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Alas no Cupra button on the non VZ (even though still have launch control). So, when you press the Cupra button (on the VZ), does the screen change on the dash to the driving aids screen? On non VZ, can flick to SPORT mode, but the centre dash does not change
Center dash does not change when you change the driving mode.

Are you sure Cupra mode is needed for Launch control? I am relatively sure I launched it in individual mode. I'll try out doing it from Comfort as well.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Oohh right, the Cupra button is a VZ feature. Then it's a bit of a hassle.

In my Hybrid I could only get launch control to work in Cupra mode. Maybe if your engine/trans is set to Sport/Cupra in individual it will do it?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Center dash does not change when you change the driving mode.

Are you sure Cupra mode is needed for Launch control? I am relatively sure I launched it in individual mode. I'll try out doing it from Comfort as well.
I can confirm that it does NOT work in Comfort mode with gearbox in D.

In Sport, Cupra and Individual it worked. Maybe because the gearbox was in S.

I haven't tested Comfort with S gearbox.

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
I can confirm that it does NOT work in Comfort mode with gearbox in D.

In Sport, Cupra and Individual it worked. Maybe because the gearbox was in S.

I haven't tested Comfort with S gearbox.
It does work in Sport mode, but what I was trying to explain was, if I wanted to use launch control, I would have to :

1) Flip auto box into sport mode (easy enough by flicking the gear leaver to S)
2) Flip central dash to driving assistant mode (not the quickest infotainment to move around in)
3) Change ESC to Sport mode (easy enough)
4) Press Brake and press accelerator
5) Off I go .... voooommm

It is the steps 2 and 3, which is not instant .... and not quick to do

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
It does work in Sport mode, but what I was trying to explain was, if I wanted to use launch control, I would have to :

1) Flip auto box into sport mode (easy enough by flicking the gear leaver to S)
2) Flip central dash to driving assistant mode (not the quickest infotainment to move around in)
3) Change ESC to Sport mode (easy enough)
4) Press Brake and press accelerator
5) Off I go .... voooommm

It is the steps 2 and 3, which is not instant .... and not quick to do
Sorry to hear that. At least they made it easy to do in a VZ310.

At most you have to press two buttons (ESC ahead of the gearbox selector and Cupra mode button).