Weird acting when the AC is turned on

Jul 26, 2023
So I currently own a manual seat ibiza 6j 1.4L 85HP BXW engine. (200k km)
When I turn on the AC the car starts acting weird,
sometimes when i put the AC at level 2 and I get to a complete stop, the car just shuts off and i have to start the engine again.
Also when i shift gears when the AC is on, i feel like the car is drawing me backwards a bit when i release the clutch, which makes my ride not smooth anymore.
It seems to be like this all the time and i really dont know what to do anymore..
I also have a problem with the startup, in the hot summer the car wont start like it should, i have to crank it 3 times to get it running.
anyone can help me get through this? Thanks in advance! :)

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
The first problem is probably a bad compressor but I dont know enough to help

The second problem starting in the summer is a well known problem it is the N80 valve
Check this thread:

Jul 26, 2023
The first problem is probably a bad compressor but I dont know.

The second problem starting in the summer is a well known problem it is the N80 valve
Check this thread:
Thank you for the reply, i just checked it out and it seems like people having the same problem with the hot weather startup. ill order this valve now.
about the compression, i dont know if its the problem ill just wait for other people to respond :)

Jul 26, 2023
The first problem is probably a bad compressor but I dont know enough to help

Check this thread:
Hi just giving an update, I ordered the n80 valve replaced it and the problem solved :)

Reactions: dm222
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.