Wet floor conundrum

simonpdl

I have a 1999 V5 Toledo which is having problems with damp. I know this is a subject that's been on here before but I've heard two contrasting views from two different garages aboutt the floor. One garage has said that although there is a seat bar that actually if the door in the front leaks, the water can still travel to the back and the other garage says that if the back or front door leaks then front or back is where it will collect as the water can't travel. Which is true?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I think its a bit of both. There is a bar so up to a certain point the water will stay where it came in. However, as the sponge and the carpet get saturated, the moisture will be able to travel over the bar and soak the rest of the carpet.

simonpdl

Hi Slimy, thanks for your response and that's exactly what I thought but one of the garages said that there are tramlines running down the whole length of the car floor and the seat bar just sits on top of this. Therefore you could have a leak in the front and it could travel to the back if you were parked on a slight incline say.
On my road the camber is really steep and the water collects in one point at the back.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.