What’s does everyone use to wash and maintain there cars?

MichaelMcC

Dec 16, 2019
Just thought I’d ask to see what else everyone is using to wash and wax and polish and so on any new or good brands you would recommend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Oliver Pawley

Mar 9, 2019
Went around a few, autoglym, mequirs, ez but then I found autobrite direct and haven't felt the need to change from them

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MichaelMcC

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
So many things lol.
AutoGlym Polar blast pre wash
Either AutoGlym or Meguiars car shampoo.
I use good old fashion turtle wax to wax after I've washed.
Meguiars all wheel cleaner is good especially if you take off the wheel to clean the brake calipers and suspension and so on.
Meguiars tyre gel, I love that stuff makes any tyre look brand new.
AutoGlym bumper and trim gel, that's really good at bringing the rubber bits around the window and any black plastic on a bumper back to new looking.
And go old fashion Mr Muscle window cleaner for inside and out.
I find AutoGlym and Meguiars are really good but the guys on here have used a lot more brands than I have.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Reactions: MichaelMcC

Cupra622

May 9, 2020
Recently started to use Bilt Hamber. I think it's brilliant...... Quite good value too as most of the products can be diluted.....

Reactions: Rowan83 and JackB

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Anything Meguiars is fantastic but my go to is Bilt Hamber.. especially their auto wheel, their's so many brands out there which are fantastic, just not massively known.. best bet is to keep switching up and find out what works best for you

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rowan83

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Recently started to use Bilt Hamber. I think it's brilliant...... Quite good value too as most of the products can be diluted.....
Been using Bilt Hamber for years, fantastic products especially Auto-foam, Surfex and Auto-wheel

Reactions: Hickery1995

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Also just started to use Atom-Mac, seems to be working well by reducing the formation of rust on the brake discs.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
As @Charliessmith has said - so many things :). I like to try different products and I’m currently using;

Prewash - Valet Pro ph neutral snow foam
Fallout Remover - Iron X
Tar Remover - Valet Pro Citrus Tar and Glue
Wash - Autobrite Purple Velvet High Gloss shampoo
Polish - Chemical Guys V36 and V38 on an appropriate foam pad with sufficient ‘cut’ on my DA polishing machine.
Pre-Wax Cleaner - Dodo Juice Lime Prime
Wax - Collinite 845 Insulator Wax
Sealant - Fusso Coat Dark 12 Months Wax (it’s a synthetic wax, so it’s actually a sealant)
Quick Detailer - Chemical Guys Speed Wipe
Glass - Autoglym Fast Glass
Wheels - no specific wheel cleaner, as I don’t let them get dirty enough to need one! Protected with either Chemical Guys Jet Seal, Poorboys Wheel Sealant or Collinite 845
Tyres - Gyeon Q2 Tyre
Interior trim and plastics - Poorboys Natural Look Dressing.

Oh, and not forgetting the basics - my trusty Nilfisk pressure washer, buckets with grit guards, lambs wool wash mitts, Wheel Woolies, Supply of plush microfibre drying towels, MetroVac Sidekick Blaster warm air dryer and various foam applicators and microfibre cloths.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise